**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Bought a Galaxy S5 can't get cellular Internet working.

Bjorn de la CourBjorn de la Cour FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
I bought a freedompop S5 from new egg for only $170 but I can't get it to fully activate. :( I can make premium calls out but I can't receive them. I can't do anything with cellular internet expect download the profiles if I do a ##72786# and they download via 4G LTE. Wifi Works Fine. Messenger app says, I don't have any data available and need to upgrade my plan. But freedompopapp shows plenty of data available when connected to wifi as does the webpage account. I get the freedompop setup is complete your number ####### msg but maybe only when Wifi is available. The phone also shows the wrong number under about this phone screen. I've updated the profile and down the ##72786# more then once. And Even did a factory reset. When that came up I got a LTE: ESM 26 EMM -X and I regularly get ERHD 11 errors.

Comments

• James_in_UtahJames_in_Utah FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 241
    You can't receive calls on premium voice. Ever. That won't work. You might try uninstalling updates on the freedompop messaging app. Then select Sync Data off the menu of the original FreedomPop messaging app. That latest app seems to have trouble registering for push notifications when not on wifi. You should also try installing the Push Notification Fix (non root) app. Open it and hit apply to reset the push notification time out. Does anything work on 3G/4G? Can you browse the net?
  • Kyle MarshallKyle Marshall FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 46
    I do receive calls on Premium Voice (3G) sometimes.

There currently is some issue with the FreedomPop 4G LTE service that started with their last update to the Messanger app for many people. when that gets straightened out you can try the following-I got the same phone on the same deal and I had to do this to get mine fully going:

While near a good wifi network (like a home network) completely power off your phone, take out the battery, hold the power button for about 5 seconds minimum, put the battery back in and power the phone up.
    Once it fully boots, is on the wifi, and the Messanger app does the usual 'setup is complete' use the 'sync account data' function in the Messanger app.
    Then while still on the wifi update your PRL list and profile (instructions here: http://support.sprint.com/support/tutorial/Update-data-profile/WScenario_542_52036_771_en_1390-dvc8080008prd ).
    Reboot the phone and then do the Messanger 'sync account data' fuction again, and update the PRL again, and profile data again.

According to FreedomPop the number in your phone is only for getting you on the Sprint data network, your actual usable number is the one in that shows in the Messaging app.
  • James_in_UtahJames_in_Utah FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 241
    Premium Voice accesses 2G not 3G. You can receive calls on 3G, just not 2G. As far as I know.