Supported Phones: What phones can I activate with FreedomPop on BYOD?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
edited September 2014 in Mobile Phone Service #1
**Now supporting iPhone 4/4s and iPhone 5 on BYOD!

**Now supporting Galaxy Victory, Galaxy S3, and Galaxy S4!

Activate your old, used, bought from Ebay, whatever Sprint smartphone laying around, just enter the phone’s ESN or MEID on FreedomPop’s site to get started.

Stick it to the man and cut your current cell phone bill significantly. FreedomPop is set to completely disrupt the mobile communication landscape. We first started with offering super cool and compact hotspots with completely free Internet. Now FreedomPop is the first carrier to offer 100% Free Talk, Text, and Data.

We now support these Sprint phones on BYOD:

BYOD Supported Phones:
Samsung Galaxy S II (Samsung Epic 4G Touch is the Sprint name)
Samsung Galaxy S III
Samsung Galaxy S 4
Samsung Victory
Samsung Epic 4G
Samsung Nexus S
LG Viper
Motorola Photon 4G
HTC Evo Shift
HTC Evo Design
HTC Evo 3D
HTC EVO 4G
iPhone 4/4s
iPhone 5

Tablet BYOD list:

iPad Mini
iPad Mini w/ Retna display
iPad 4
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.0

URL : http://www.freedompop.com/byod

Click HERE to bring your own phone.

Follow us on Instagram: FreedomPop4G, Twitter: @FreedomPop4G, Facebook.com/FreedomPop :)
Post edited by Jorge on
Tagged:

Comments

• Thanh LuuThanh Luu Posts: 80FreedomPop Newbie
    Would you be able to check this MEID? 99000441566977
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    @Thanh Luu‌ - That device is not even in Sprint's database, could you provide the MEID-DEC?
  • S amS am Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Is the tri-band "Spark" version of S4 (SPH-L720T) supported as well?
    DEC 256 691 513 705 663 095
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    @Thanh Luu‌ - I am getting an error message with that MEID "INVALID_RESELLER: Invalid Reseller" - where is this device purchased from?
  • Eddie MogelinskiEddie Mogelinski Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Would this version of the S3 be able to be activated? SPHL710AVB
  • Tyler HughesTyler Hughes Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    @Taylor Can I get you to check 990 002 102 992 97
    Hi Taylor, sorry I figured out the problem.
  • netnerdnetnerd Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    Taylor said:

@netnerd‌ - I looked up your MEID in Sprint's database and I am getting this error: Not available reason code: Returned if Phone Owner =‘SPCS’ (5). You may want to contact Sprint to see why this error is being pulled up when your MEID is searched in their system.

since i bought the phone from ebay. i'm not the original owner so maybe Sprint cant help me. so i tried to activate it on Ting and it works! going to cancel my Ting service in 1 month to see happens. so i just wasted 10$ for 1 month of service with Ting!
  • IanosoIanoso Posts: 19FreedomPop Newbie
    More questions!:) Would the S3 be able to surf and use phone at the same time with the freedompop app in use, or would that only work using regular voice rather than VOIP, using sprint native service for example. I read that these phones unlike the s5 have 2 antennae to allow this, but I wonder if it's using VOIP rather than normal cell voice service does that disallow the multitasking. Thanks!
  • James SewellJames Sewell Posts: 67FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Thanks for improving the service, service plans, and adding phones.....

but now with full access to the sprint network....can i finally port my freedompop android number to the iphone?

• Fred PopFred Pop Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I read in discussion threads here that Virgin Mobile phones aren't supported. But just for the heck of it, I entered the ESN of my deactivated HTC EVO V from Virgin Mobile (identical to the EVO 3D) and FreedomPop's byod checker said it was supported, much to my surprise.

Other Sprint MVNOs I've tried reject my old phone's ESN presumably because it is a Virgin Mobile phone. But if FreedomPop's byod checker says it is OK, will it actually work? I don't want to spend $20 on activation only to find that it doesn't really work.
  • noorkhan9212noorkhan9212 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    HTC evo LTE ?
  • Kurt FaulknerKurt Faulkner Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    would the virgin mobile version of the Victory work?
    if not then what if it were flashed with a custom rom?
  • Julian FieldsJulian Fields Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Is the S4 Mini supported? The L520 ?
  • Julian FieldsJulian Fields Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    IS the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (SPH-L520) supported in BYOD?
  • Dongmin SuDongmin Su Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    I bought a MINT S3 sprint phone from Ebay, it seems it was never used. I call sprint and other MVNO and confirm the ESN is clean. Today when I use freedompop.com/byod and also call freedompop rep, it says "snap, the phone model is not supported". Any explanation?
  • Alexander VelazquezAlexander Velazquez Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Have a question I have seen a Sprint Samsung Galaxy Victory for sale clean esn but says Sprint Pre-paid phone can I activate it or is pre-paid phones have a different system?
  • Jesse MannJesse Mann Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Victory that is not coming up supported. Can this be checked? 256 691 457 609 016 663
  • Dongmin SuDongmin Su Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi Taylor, my S3 bought from Ebay seems never used. Sprint rep said the ESN is clean but I cannot activate on FP. Could you check MEID 256691456900014210 for me? Thanks!
  • Sachin JainSachin Jain Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi Taylor,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Victory phone which I am able to use on other sprint MVNO (Ringplus), but I am getting a "snap unsupported" error while trying to activate it on freedompop. Can you check to see if I can activate this phone on FreedomPop. Here is the MEID:

Thanks.
  • zhengxiaomin74zhengxiaomin74 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    i have the same problem
    samsung galaxy victory from sprint shows unsupported
This discussion has been closed.