Voice Qaulity using FreedomPop

James_in_UtahJames_in_Utah Posts: 244FreedomPop Newbie
I would have to say that for me, the voice quality is ok, especially since I usually don't talk on my phone very much. My wife on the other hand likes to talk to her mother for 2 hours at a time. Most of the conversation is perfectly fine, but about every 5 minutes or so she'll have to repeat something, or ask her mother to say something again. It's distorted for 2 or 3 seconds. This is on a good wifi signal. We both have Galaxy S4s. We typically use Google Hangouts. Why is the voice quality so poor on wifi? We are able to make outstanding wifi calls on my laptop using google hangouts. Why is it so poor on the Galaxy S4? Is it because of more processing power on the laptop? Since my wife occasionally works from home, I had to reactivate her old dumb phone on Verizon just so she could get a quality voice connection to work when she needs it.

Comments

• jimindenverjimindenver Posts: 149FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    One thing I have noticed about my wireless routers and hotspots is the wireless varies in strength even just sitting still. One of the hotspots is a bit too far from this computer and it'll drop the wireless for a instant if I don't move it closer. Why does it vary, I have no idea but it happens to all of them.

I can say that call quality is a issue I see a lot.