**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Call quality is horrendous

elvin steedeelvin steede Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
No, this is not a new occurrence. Since I've been using Freedom pop the last 2 months it's been this way. Whether I'm on wi-fi or the mobile network, everyone says they can't hear me! Or I sound far away. I now completely avoid making or receiving calls from my cell because it's entirely too embarrassing and frustrating. I have to save the majority of my calls for my landline. I pay for unlimited access and basically only get use of my data. I use an iPhone and I'm in a major city, so save me troubleshooting tips and coverage maps. What major carrier does freedompop use? They should be embarrassed by this call quality.

Comments

• jimindenverjimindenver Posts: 149FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    FreedomPop uses Sprint.

I don't have any answers but would like to know what kind of signal quality do you get?

Since the calls are VoIP I would usually say it's signal strength but you have issues over both wireless and mobile. That excludes signal and even Sprint since you wouldn't have to be on their network when on wireless.

Could it be something with the phone or it's settings? I'm just looking for any explanation.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016 #3
    (Snip)

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried to update the profile & PRL(service update)?

1) From the home screen, tap Phone.

Note: This will update both the data profile and the PRL.

2) On the Keypad, dial ##873283#, then tap the Call button.

3) Tap OK.

Note: The device will search for profile updates and install them.

4) When the update is complete, tap OK.

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Kyle MarshallKyle Marshall Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
    It's the Sprint network. 4G LTE for all data and calls, 3G only if you have Premium Voice Service and are not in a 4G LTE coverage area, or force your phone into 3G mode.
  • Eric V morelockEric V morelock Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    how do you force phone into 3G, it say's I have 4G LTE. But I don't alway's get great reception even in 4G
  • Peng WangPeng Wang Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie

Have you tried to update the profile & PRL(service update)?

1) From the home screen, tap Phone.

Note: This will update both the data profile and the PRL.

2) On the Keypad, dial ##873283#, then tap the Call button.

3) Tap OK.

Note: The device will search for profile updates and install them.

4) When the update is complete, tap OK.

Any suggestions for Android phone with GSM SIM? I'm also suffer the poor voice quality.