**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Product Suggestions?

FreedomPopFreedomPop Posts: 190 admin

We are interested in hearing more about what products you would all like to see offered by FreedomPop. Although products do not have to be telco related, we are mostly seeking suggestions that fit within the tech realm.

Tagged:

Answers

• Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @FreedomPop One free taco from Taco Bell with every purchase pretty plss?

Actually what FreedomPop should expand into is offering debit or credit cards that earn points redeemable towards stuff like GB of data or account credit. I could see that being a hit!
  • JJFreedomJJFreedom FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer, SD Flyers Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    I think FreedomPop should do something like receive points from watching ads (besides TrialPay thing). There should be an actual app for it, and possibly use points towards data add ons, and possibly even a USB device.
    I usually respond within 24 hours. If you need help, feel free to ask.

Also, to tag me directly, write @JJFreedom. - this way I will know when you are talking to me.
  • Adrian EchavarriaAdrian Echavarria FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 20
    Maybe a step toward gsm capability, like starting out with 250mb data, 100 min/text for free per month, with fpop-friends increasing those limits, and additional low cost premium options.
  • scdscd FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 35
    Add to the product accessory line, specifically high gain external antennas for the hot spots is something I'd be interested in.
  • Matthew JimskiMatthew Jimski FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 41
    This is not really a product suggest but feedback for the site. It would be nice to be able to request data from all friends instead at one at a time.
  • James_in_UtahJames_in_Utah FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 241
    Some friends list their data rollover date in their name. Some don't. Maybe list rollover date for all of them so I know who to give to. Or maybe just list their current data balance so we can see who needs help.
  • immortalimmortal FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 21
    edited March 2016 #9
    Post edited by immortal on
  • Jesse HafemeisterJesse Hafemeister FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
    I also would like to see GSM, although I thought FreedomPop already implemented GSM recently.
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

This is not really a product suggest but feedback for the site. It would be nice to be able to request data from all friends instead at one at a time.

You can do this by going to share data > share data > share capacity, then clicking the get more button
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
  • limeylimey FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 674 ✭✭✭
    scd said:

Add to the product accessory line, specifically high gain external antennas for the hot spots is something I'd be interested in.

If FP can source external antennas & hotspot cradles at reasonable prices, that'd be a plus - these things are pretty expensive from most places.

+1 on domestic USA GSM support, beyond the global hotspot (and SIM once it becomes available on it's own).

You can do this by going to share data > share data > share capacity, then clicking the get more button
    The thing is that when I use the button it doesn't work. It just reloads the page.

The thing is that when I use the button it doesn't work. It just reloads the page.
    Do you have Adblock on your system?

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

Do you have Adblock on your system?
    No to my knowledge. I'm using my Galaxy S4 for this.
  • limeylimey FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 674 ✭✭✭
    Not a suggestion for a new product, but suggestions for the current phone apps...
    • Add the capability to block specific numbers/area codes, or modify the code to allow 3rd party blocking apps to work.
    • Try to get the apps to work better with Bluetooth hardware, like handsfree car products & the like.
  • jimindenverjimindenver FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 149 ✭✭✭
    A dual sim hotspot or phone to be able to use either GSM or Sprint as coverage dictates.
  • brucenk457brucenk457 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    I would like to see faster ordering service for backorders or some type of timeframe to tell you when your back order device should be in like many other stores do.
  • James_in_UtahJames_in_Utah FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 241
    I've ordered several phones, and I hate how long it takes to get here even after it ships. Yuo guys use smartpost, where it goes via FedEx and then goes USPS. Please sell an upgraded shipping option for overnight or next day.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016 #20
    @Freedompop
    Not sure if this would be a Product Suggestions. But I have suggested it to other members of Freedompop. I don't think I have suggested it to you?

We need a way that members bringing over phones and their numbers(porting), to park a number till they activate the device here on Freedompop. We need something like a temporary account, they can click a link and activate the BYOD or Freedompop branded phone and it activate under the same number(ported number). You can still charge 9.99$, because they are going to pay this anyways.

So they would open up the temp account and port over the number.(would be just like a Freedompop account with no phone info yet) Than when they are ported and they want to activate, they click the link on the home page that takes them to the activation portal(freedompop or BYOD) set up only for the Parked number. Than that number shows up automatically when they activate.

I get asked this question pretty often. Can I Bring over my phone and my number? Most other carriers tell them to contact the other company and get the port started. once it clear bring over the phone later.

Would make allot of members very very happy!!!!! B)

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

Here's an idea, use the devices phone number to share data instead of email addresses. This way you can share to specific devices on multi device accounts.

Also you cut down on the email spam, and the need to change your email address because some jerk decides to be a jerk. Also the ability to block callers

• Kyle MarshallKyle Marshall FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 46
    Replace the existing FreedomPop voicemail system with integration into the Youmail voicemail system
  • 19651965 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    Can someone tell me why the number of my sim card is different from the number I have to phone and also why I'm being billed when I have not enabled top up
  • immortalimmortal FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 21
    freedom sleeve rocket for the ipod 5th generation
  • Mike PorterMike Porter FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 9
    minutes and texts over wifi don't count towards limits.

it seems like double dipping to pay for my data and the data sent over my data.
  • peachpear123 peachpear123 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3

Maybe a step toward gsm capability, like starting out with 250mb data, 100 min/text for free per month, with fpop-friends increasing those limits, and additional low cost premium options.

They do have a GSM sim with 200mb data and voice and text. Just only 3G with Att and/or T-Mobile. They run out stock within a few hours once they restock, so follow them on twitter, and act fast!