**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. The free trial lasts for 30 days, after which you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY
If you have not recently performed a Carrier Reset to your mobile device, we recommend doing so to ensure that your FreedomPop service is operating to its best capability. This does not cause the loss of any information saved on your mobile device. You can find instructions by selecting the following link: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3017/

For additional topics related to your concern, please visit our online Self-Help Knowledge Base at https://support.freedompop.com

DNS Server Issue since 3/10/2016

Rex TuRex Tu FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
on all my freedompop devices, only IP connection works. everything involves resolving a name, such as google.com no longer work.

Comments

• Rex TuRex Tu FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
    Is it possible freedompop is trying to kick out light users who didn't have to pay anything?
  • theguineapigkingtheguineapigking FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    I called them. They've been having an issue In between the freedom pop server and the sprint tower connection. They said they'd fix it by or tomorrow
  • theguineapigkingtheguineapigking FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    Hi
  • Cody EvansCody Evans FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    I've been able to get around the DNS issue by using a VPN. The VPN provides its own DNS server and allows everything, including calls/texts to work.
    I still can't connect, neither LTE nor 3G work!
  • John Ryan John Ryan FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 36
    Cody -- I have the exact same problem. On 3 devices (two phones and a mifi). All are on monthly plans (data rollover and premium voice on the phones).

Kik is the only app that appears to work (my son uses it) so I'm guessing that it uses IP only and no domain names.

I can't even manually enter DNS on my laptop as the connection across the mifi is actively blocking ALL dns requests. VPN is the only way around this right now.

The help desks complete lack of awareness of this issue is appalling.
    Now I'm thinking this problem could be due to Sprint is considering FreedomPop devices have bad ESN/ICCID.
  • John Ryan John Ryan FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 36
    I don't think so... If that were the case I wouldn't be able to make outgoing calls using premium voice. Which I can do. If Sprint flagged them as bad they would be banned -- not even able to make calls on 2g.
  • valley_nomadvalley_nomad FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 12
    I have had this problem for more than one month. First it happened only in LTE. But now both LTE and 3G have the problem. As I haven't seen many people complaining about the issue and tech support people seemed to be unaware of it either, I guess that the problem may be related only to certain devices or accounts.
  • alan_iwaalan_iwa FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 20
    I am having the same problem on my phone. Tech Support just tells me to reset everything over and over...