**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Can't install app

Robert C MarshallRobert C Marshall FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
Hello

I have a Samsung S4 running android v5.01 and my Freedompop dialer application got un installed. Now when I goto the google play store to download it. It fully download and tries to instal but ends with error -505. I have over a gig of storage available on my device and a good internet connection. I cleared the Google play store cache but that didn't help. I don't know what exactly error -505 is and how to resolve the problem. I also dowloaded the .apk from a third oart site and used apk installer but that failed without a specific error. With out the Freedom pop dialer app I can not make or receive phone calls specifically using my freedom pop number.

Any help is greatly appriciated

Comments

• Jim RaceJim Race FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    I'm having the same problem downling the app from the Google store. Nexus 5 with plenty of room. -505 error
  • hueffmeahueffmea FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    I have a Galaxy s4 with the exact same problem.
    Can't install App, "FreedomPop Free Call and Text" can't be installed. Try again, and if the problem continues, get help troubleshooting (Error Code: -505).
  • pherrinpherrin FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    I have a Huawei Nexus 6P with the exact same problem.
    Can't install App, "FreedomPop Free Call and Text" can't be installed. Try again, and if the problem continues, get help troubleshooting (Error Code: -505).

Phone has never been used, all the other Freedompop apps installed fine from google playstore.
    But i cant get this app to install, so i am unable to make phone calls.

This was B.Y.O.D.
    I have prepaid for service for 1 year.

I have the very latest android updates.
    I am using Android version 6.0.1

Please help.
  • anupampatraanupampatra FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    Here is the solution. I uninstalled the following App but it didn't help.

duo
    messenger
    imo
    allo
    hangouts
    hike
    jiochat

Finally I found that if I uninstalled the localphone app - the freedompop does install.

You may just need to find the app which is using the SIP and uninstall it and then install freedompop and then install the app back again.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Anupam Patra
  • anupampatraanupampatra FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    Hi All, I have tried to uninstall the following app before trying to install freedompop but it doesn't help. So don't waste your time.
    duo
    messenger
    imo
    allo
    hangouts
    hike
    jiochat

Finally I found the app that was conflicting and it was localphone - When I uninstalled Localphone and installed Freedompo, it worked. I then reinstalled Localphone back.

Cheers,
    Anupam Patra
  • Yuval_CohenYuval_Cohen FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2

Here is the solution. I uninstalled the following App but it didn't help.

duo
    messenger
    imo
    allo
    hangouts
    hike
    jiochat

Finally I found that if I uninstalled the localphone app - the freedompop does install.

You may just need to find the app which is using the SIP and uninstall it and then install freedompop and then install the app back again.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Anupam Patra

Thanks much,
    I managed to uninstall localphone and install the freedompop app.
    But now cannot install localphone back....
    Seems both cannot work together! Really pity!
    Freedompop needs to fix it!
  • Rob 00clMiFi803 KRob 00clMiFi803 K FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 19
    Removing LocalPhone indeed cleared the path for FreedomPop.
    Thank you.

I can't reinstall LocalPhone, since it now has the Error code: -505
    That's sad.
  • SolomonSolomon FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 202
    I have exactly the same problem, except that the error message I get is "error -24". If I try to install from a third party apk supplier, I get "install failed".
    Freedompop worked fine on this phone for over a year. But then I did a factory reset before passing the phone on to my wife without all my apps cluttering it, and that was when I could no longer install FP. So there is no LoalPhone (I've never had it!) or any other SIP app on the phone.