Everything Novatel Mifi 2, User Guides, Tutorials, Changing Passwords!
njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
Novatel Mifi 2(Global Sim)
How to locate the Password on the Mifi 2-
➊ Press the Power button. ➋ Tap the Connection Info icon to display your device’s Wi-Fi Network Name (SSID) and
To connect to your device's Wi-Fi "Main" (default password is "freedompop") all lowercase, no quotations
IMPORTANT: Record your Wi-Fi password (also referred to as the Wi-Fi key or network security
key depending on your operating system).
Connect to Your MiFi 2-
You can connect up to 10 compatible Wi-Fi enabled devices. To connect wireless devices (computers, tablets, e-readers, cameras, media players, smartphones, etc.):
➊ Open the Wi-Fi menu on the device you would like to connect and view the list of available networks.
➋ Select your MiFi 2 Wi-Fi Network Name (SSID) (e.g., Freedompop-XXXX).
➌ Select Connect and enter the Wi-Fi password displayed under Connection Info on the MiFi 2.
Note: Freedompop's Master (default password is "freedompop") all lowercase, no quotations
➍ After you connect your computer to your MiFi 2 using Wi-Fi, you can access the MiFi 2 Web Interface to customize settings, change your password, access applications and more. Browse to (http://my.mifi), and log in using the default password: admin.
➎ Configure security for your MiFi 2.
To Connect the Mifi 2 via Teather or USB Mode-
How to change the Passwords(Network & Admin)-
Here is a great way to change the Network name and SSID/Password for added security-
➊ Open your browser, go to http://my.mifi then click Login. (alternatively, http://192.168.1.1)
➋ Enter the Admin Login password and then click Login.
Note: The default is ( admin )
➌ Click Settings on the Navigation panel and then select Hotspot Settings. The Hotspot Settings > General window opens.
➍ Enter your new Wi-Fi password in the Wi-Fi Password (Key) field. The password must be 8-63 ASCII characters.
➎ Click Save Changes. A confirmation message will display in the green bar near the top of the page when the changes have been successfully saved. You will need to reconnect all Wi-Fi devices using the new Wi-Fi password
Change your Password using the Mifi 2-
Here is the User Guide-
Note: If you notice you have no Wifi and the Mifi 2 is plugged in. Please unplug the Mifi and test. Members are reporting that the Mifi will not charge and Connect Via WiFi at the same time.
MiFi 2 Web Interface Navigation-
Each page contains a menu bar to help you navigate. The navigation panel is at the left of the browser interface on each page and contains the following:
• MiFi Home — takes you to the MiFi 2 Home page. (See page 12.)
• Connected Devices — takes you to the Connected Devices page, where you can view devices currently connected to your MiFi 2 and see blocked devices. (See page 31.)
• Data Usage — takes you to the Data Usage page, where you can view your current data usage and manage your account. (See page 35.)
• Settings — takes you to the Settings page, where you can customize your device, hotspot, mobile and advanced settings. (See page 37.)
• MiFi Media Center — takes you to the Media Center page, where you can view and share your movies, music and photos with connected devices. (See page 69.)
• Messages — takes you to the Messages page, where you can view your unread messages sent to your MiFi 2. (See page 77.)
• File Sharing — takes you to the File Sharing page, where you can customize your file sharing settings, and view all files stored on a microSD card installed in the MiFi device. (See page 80.)
• GPS — takes you to the GPS page, where the GPS receiver on the MiFi device can determine your current location. (See page 85.)
• Customer Support — displays your wireless number and device model. (See page 91.)
• About — takes you to the About page, where you can get details regarding current status, device information, and software updates. (See page 93.)
Data Usage Reset-
To access the Data Usage page, pg 35, click Data Usage on the Navigation panel. The Data Usage page
contains the following.
• Alert Level — alerts will be generated to warn you that data usage is approaching or has
reached the alert level specified on this page.
• Reset Data Counter — use to restart the data counter and set the last reset date to today’s
• Settings — use to select your desired usage alert level and cycle start date
➊ To display your estimated data usage, reset your data counter, and manage your settings, select the Data Usage tab on the Navigation panel on the MiFi 2 Web Interface Home page.
➋ Click Reset Data Counter to restart the data counter, and to set the last reset date to today’s date.
➌ To set your data usage alert level, select the desired option from the Usage alert level drop-down menu. If the desired option is not available, select None, and data usage will be recorded and displayed, but no alerts will be generated.
➍ To set the day of the month you wish the data counter to reset to zero, select the desired day from the cycle start date drop-down menu.
➎ Click Save Changes.
On the MiFi 2 Touchscreen (Data Counter)-
➊ To display your data plan summary, data used, and days remaining in your billing cycle, tap the Data Usage icon on the touchscreen.
➋ To update the data plan summary, click Refresh.
Note: Actual billed usage can be higher than estimated data usage displayed on the usage meter. I normally reset mine each time my account rolls over to the new month.
Here is the quick Start Guide-
Here is some AT&T Tutorials That work Great with the Mifi 2-
Here is some AT&T Videos Tutorials-
Why does my Hotspot/Modem/USB show Data usage before any usage?-
The Data Usage Monitor/Calculator you see on your device is not synced with the Data you have on your account. This is just a program placed on the device to help you monitor the Data you use. If you receive your device and it shows any usage, this will not reflect on your account. Normally you will find a way to reset this Monitor/Calculator, in your User guide or the Instruction Manual. Typically if you want this to show the data you have on your account, you would reset this on Day 1 of your Plan, before any usage. You will also find that this Monitor/Calculator is not 100% Accurate. But it will give you a rough idea of the Data you use on the device, and becomes very handy once you learn how to use.
Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)
Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop
Post edited by njfulwider5 on
This discussion has been closed.