**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Is it possible to use a 3rd party app to text?

lucid_copywriterlucid_copywriter Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
I would like to NOT use the native FreedomPop text app. I have downloaded Textra, and chosen it as my default text app. However, I get a message from 9230 "You are not allowed to send text messages. Message 2120" when I try to send a text. And I am still receiving texts on the native app despite having set Textra as the default messaging app.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Answers

• JJFreedomJJFreedom Posts: 419FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer, SD Flyers ✭✭✭
    @lucid_copywriter - Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like we can use SMS Replacement Apps. This is due to the phones using Wi-Fi or Cellular Data to place calls or send messages. It seems to work out better this way, so FreedomPop can also offer WiFi calling when a cellular network is not available.

When you use an app like Textra, you are attempting to use a different number than the one in your FreedomPop account, and it's not allowed to go through.
    I usually respond within 24 hours. If you need help, feel free to ask.

Also, to tag me directly, write @JJFreedom. - this way I will know when you are talking to me.
  • Lee TraboutLee Trabout Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I just signed up for free calls/texts/data on a BYOD GalaxyS3. After activating, I can make and receive calls, and receive texts, but cant send texts. I havent DL'ed any apps or programs for texting. I get the 2120 message telling me I cant send texts. Why can I receive them, but cant send them? Sending this concern to FreedomPop seems to have fallen on deaf ears. Help!
  • Ryan M JentzschRyan M Jentzsch Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    @LeeTrabout: I have searched this forum and elsewhere @JJFreedom answer applies. You MUST use FreedomPop's app to send text messages. I have an iPhone and this is the only way I can send messages. MMS messages apparently are not allowed on the iPhone which sucks.
  • Michael FranksMichael Franks Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I bought the Motorola Moto E and Freedompop service...I'm paying almost $30 a month...I can text my friends with no problem with the messaging app...I just signed up with Postmates, downloaded the app, but when I try to login, I get an error message saying "Failed to send registration sms" using the Freedompop messaging app...When I tried to use Hangouts, it says I'm not allowed to send text messages...I thought it seemed out that my phone has not rung in almost 2 months of service so I called myself several times today and each time it says all circuits are busy...If I knew this was what I was paying for, I would use your free service...I'm confused & disappointed...