**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Porting Number Out Process

Aurora PenguinAurora Penguin Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
I'm transferring my number to another service and just wanted to confirm the process, I have read like 5 different ways this is supposed to go so I just wanna make sure i'm doing it right so I can get my number activated on the new service as soon as possible.
- Initiate port from new carrier Using the following info: account number is phone number, pin number is in account settings (some said it was last four digits of phone number, found this not to be the case)
- Wait 15 mins to 72 hours for successful port

Now the next steps, I read some people had to call freedompop (I cannot find a customer service number) and ask them to deactivate the phone number (but not the account?). Some people said they had to deactivate their entire account after the aforementioned steps it would port successfully. Some people said they had to deactivate their entire account BEFORE the aforementioned steps for it to port successfully. Please let me know if I'm missing anything

Comments

• goblue255goblue255 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I just ported a number out from FP, and it took around 30 hours. However, there is a number you can call to try and get the port to go through almost immediately. The information you need to port your number out is all in My Account -> Account Settings.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016 #3
    @Aurora Penguin

@goblue255
    Is correct. Log onto you account online and click this link>>

http://www.freedompop.com/acct_settings.htm

scroll down to "Phone Number Port Out Info"

Number to call Freedompop are in my signature.

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Steve FatulaSteve Fatula Posts: 18FreedomPop Newbie
    Well, it's supposed to work that way. But, mine as some others I see did not. Asking for help is pointless. I called their support and the guy talked to me for 5 minutes, then hung up on me (not a disconnect, a hang up). I posted a message here more than a week ago, no replies from FP. I sent them a twitter message 2 weeks ago, no response.

I guess they have no vested interest in making it easy to leave.
    Steve, Freedom Spot MiFi 500 LTE, iPhone 5 BYOD