**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Help now.

GabeGabe Posts: 22FreedomPop Newbie
Hello, this is the second time I am asking this. I activated my LG G4 on your service a while ago, and I still have no cellular network. I have contacted tech support and have posted previously on here. There has been no response. This is dissapointing that FreedomPop won't even help their customers. FreedomPop better help me or they will give me back every dime that they owe. I have tried resetting the network connection (##72786#) and rebooting it, I have tried taking out the Sim as well still nothing. I can only assume that they entered my ICCID or ESN # incorrectly. I want help ASAP. This is very bad support.

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gabe
    I am not customer support, but I might be able to help. Make sure you are using the Freedompop Messaging app. Please open up the Play Store and in the Search Bar, enter FREEDOMPOP MESSAGING. Open up the page and download or update the app.

Make sure the app is Called "Freedompop Messaging", White Outside with Blue inside Conversation Bubble.

Once it is downloaded or updated. Open the app and place one call using the dial pad, top right corner of the app. This will initialize the phone for first use. You might even see the app syncing. It will sync in the notification area saying, "locating User For Device", till you see your phone number"Freedompop Setup Complete". The screen might even turn blue for an instant with a Freedompop Logo. This is normal. It is just the app initializing. After you initialize, and the phone syncs, you can use the phone's native dialer for Phone calls. To make a text or receive text, you will use the Freedompop Messaging app. The app will ask you if you want to make Freedompop the default. Make sure to press yes.

Freedompop use the Freedompop Messaging app to integrate the Phone's native dialer to place calls and receive calls. It is also used to create Text instead of using the Phones native messaging app. The only way to make phone call on a BYOD phone (Bring You Own Device) & Freedompop Branded Phones, the app has to be installed.

Let me know if you still have issues after you download the app. We can try a few other suggestion if you already have the app updated and ready to go. If data is not working on the device, it might not install. If this is the case, we should check into your Sim and ICCID. When you activated, did it ask you for the ICCID# after the MEID/ESN? If this is the case. Customer Support numbers are in my signature, you could give them a quick call and make sure they have the ICCID# in the system.

NJ

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• GabeGabe Posts: 22FreedomPop Newbie
    null
    Thank you for the help , I got it resolved I called them again and this time I got through and I had to replace the Sim card apparently. Anyways its working now! Do you happen to know how to swap accounts? I want the 1 gig and phone number back from my previous FreedomPop device. Thanks again!
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    usually once you have both device activated, you contact Customer Support or an admin here and they swap the account for you. Once you get the sim, Just don't forget to download the Freedompop Messaging app, and maybe do a Profile and PRL update. You also have to contact customer support once you get the new sim. You will need to have the New ICCID number on File.

The sim needed for the LG G4 is a SIMGLW236C

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• GabeGabe Posts: 22FreedomPop Newbie
    null
    Ok thanks! Yes I already got the correct Sim card and already activated the new iccid. And I also do have the FreedomPop app and it updated the prl and profile. Thank you so much for the help man!!!
    It was No Problem!

• mvmacdmvmacd Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Can anyone confirm whether an LG G4 from eBay will be successfully activated? Model LS991 (Sprint LG G4 32GB) when I search on eBay the cheapest ones on there say "Will not work on ting, freedompop, etc" but is that true? how do I know which ones will work and which ones won't?
  • Paul16Paul16 Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
    I have been looking at gsm smartphones to buy and a lot of the older models phones do not have all the gsm bands like the G2 to G4. These older phones may not work everywhere At&t has service either because of the limited gsm bands and a lot are limited to data only service in which you need the FP Messenger(viop) app to text and make calls. I have found the Gsmareana.com smartphone info site to fairly accurate and up to date dealing with phone spects and gsm bands for smartphones.