**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

What is the best phone for a trouble-free FP experience

SJMayeSJMaye Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
Hello,

I have had the ZTE Force phone for about a year now. Almost immediately had problems with either the phone or FP service. Still don't know. I am following a thread to try to work out the bugs, but so far no luck.

As I am now in retirement, FreedomPop is exactly the service I need. I have no problem buying a phone IF IT WILL WORK CORRECTLY with FreedomPop. Can someone recommend a phone that has been trouble-free on FP?

Answers

• JOGJOG Posts: 57FreedomPop Newbie
    I had a ZTE phone too. The phone itself has too many problems. Personally, the iPhones (5 or higher) has best service. If you still want android phone get the Samsung Galaxy S series (s4 or higher), but with either phone, you're going to get a comcast like experience.
  • SJMayeSJMaye Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
    JOG said:

I had a ZTE phone too. The phone itself has too many problems. Personally, the iPhones (5 or higher) has best service. If you still want android phone get the Samsung Galaxy S series (s4 or higher), but with either phone, you're going to get a comcast like experience.

I don't understand, "Comcast-like experience". Are you saying no matter what device I use with FP I will have problems like I am having with the ZTE Force?

• Kyle MarshallKyle Marshall Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
    I have an iPod touch FreedomPop claims will work with just using their app over wifi, the app doesn't work on it. I think FreedomPop has an issue where their app only works on certain versions of iOS-but they are not willing to be up-front about it. This iOS limitation may limit your device usability/security if you go with an Apple device.
    I have a BYOD Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3, works fine after it was activated and many, many PRL and Profile updates to get it all connected up. Overall a nice phone but the Galaxy S3 and S4 phones have an issue where many of them (like mine) have the power/data port die very early due to low quality parts used. The fixes are to either replace the port (if you have an appropriate skill level), get a wireless charging adapter, or an external battery charger and an extra battery.
    I also have a FreedomPop Refurbished Samsung Galaxy S5, it was supposed to be ready to go out of the box, but it also required several PRL and Profile updates and device restarts to get it fully working. It's not the newest and greatest, but it's a good phone for the money, and new enough that many apps are compatible and work well on it, and cases/chargers/accessories are still readily available.

Getting a Freedompop refurbished phone seems to be the way to get a compatible phone with the least amount of hassle. If you get one through another website's deal you'll be sent one from what they have in sock. If you get one direct from FreedomPop they may or may not have that phone in stock and you'll be waiting a LONG time to get it if they don't have it.
  • SJMayeSJMaye Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
    I did buy the ZTE Force directly from FreedomPop thinking if it came from them it should have no problems. I still have endless issues just trying to make it work. Prior to the ZTE Force/FP I would have called myself technically savvy. Now, I am beginning to wonder.

I was beginning to think it was just that phone model. This is why I asked the question. Is there a different phone out there that offers trouble-free a experience with FreedomPop?
  • trackballtrackball Posts: 1,585FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think its your signal strength, outside is good, indoor spotty. A case might help, if you bury your phone in your hand or bag, attaché etc.

Kyle, you need that 'Freedom Sleeve Rocket' for a touch.