**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Provide stock ROM downloads, PLEASE!

hunchanhunchan Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
I bought a LG Gad 7 LTE a couple of months back. I was really pleased with it originally, but I managed to brick it after a few days. I like the fact that the tablet was easily rootable with Kingroot, but the fact that after I tried to revert to Supersu it obstinately refused to boot, that part... not so much. Anyway I have been trying to recompile the stock LG firmware from source, since LG provides their source code, but I have not been successful. I would be soooo grateful if FreedomPop would provide stock firmware for their devices. It's such a shame this device was only used a couple of days, but now it is completely useless. all I need is a .kdz file to bring it back to life.

Comments

• zv1zv1 Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    Does the FP G Pad have a custom ROM installed?
    So if I wanted to move the device over to another Sprint MVNO I would need to flash stock LG firmware?
  • hunchanhunchan Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Can't confirm for absolute certain, but I doubt that would be necessary. The FP ROM looks identical to the Sprint stock with the addition of the FP messaging app. I've had no trouble activating FP phones on RingPlus in the past. If any other G Pad owners are listening out there, please help a brother out and try to extract the firmware using this tool.
    BTW, G Pad owners of the world, if you are listening, please help a brother out and use this tool to extract the firmware and post it here.
    The FP G Pad ROM appears to be identical to the the stock sprint ROM with the addition of the FP Messaging app. I cannot confirm for absolute certain, but I think you should be able to activate the G Pad on another Sprint MVNO without flashing it. I have had no trouble activating FP devices on RingPlus in the past.

BTW, G Pad owners of the world, if you are listening, please help a brother out and use this tool to extract the firmware and post it here.
  • Tyler GuenterTyler Guenter Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I would like to know how to root my FP tablet too. Please help us, FreedomPop!