**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Broken phone on yearly plan, how to activate new one.

MickyFriasMickyFrias Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
My daughter broke her phone which is in the yearly plan. I want to activate a new phone for her and would like to keep the same number and plan if possible. Please someone advice on procedure.

Thanks!

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MickyFrias

Unfortunately, Freedompop only allows one phone per email. Freedompop is real strange when it comes to the Phone accounts. They only like one phone on one email at a time. They use to allow more than one phone on each email, till we started to get comparability issues. We was having phone numbers showing on the wrong phone or one phone would suspend because of data/voice and text outage causing both to suspend. Freedompop than just stopped, and made it to where the account won’t even activate when using the same email. Sometimes it might tell you the email is already in use.

When purchasing a new phone, you will need to log out of your account. Than use a new email when browsing. Once you purchase, you can still use the same address, name CC info and home address. The only thing that changes is the email.

Once you get the New phone in the mail, Freedompop will swap the accounts. Make the New Phone you have on the old account with all the info you want to keep. The Old phone and the Temporary account will get deactivated per your request.

If you purchased from a Retailer of Freedompop. You just need to call in and give the MEID or ESN to the Customer Service agent. No activation required with a new email. They'll swap the new device in place of the old phone. The old phone would be deactivated. It is allot simpler this way.

After Freedompop is done, you will be set up just like you wanted. Takes them a few minutes to make the swap.

Sent you a DM with some specials I had saved! :)

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• MickyFriasMickyFrias Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try today
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was no Problem! hope it works out for you!

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Dan GoodchildDan Goodchild Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    thanks for posting this thread. I just completed switching my phones across accounts. Marvin @ CS was very helpful.