need help activating

boomboomroomboomboomroom Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
hello, I just signed up for new account (using BYOD program)

I have obtain the supported sim card for my nexus 5x.

How do I activate my phone?

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @boomboomroom

As long as you Entered the ICCID # after the MEID/ESN, when you activated all you have to do is Download the Freedompop Messaging app.

Open up the Play Store and in the Search Bar, enter FREEDOMPOP MESSAGING. Open up the page and download or update the app.

Make sure the app is Called "Freedompop Messaging", White Outside with Blue inside Conversation Bubble.

Once it is downloaded or updated. Open the app and place one call using the dial pad, top right corner of the app. This will initialize the phone for first use. You might even see the app syncing. It will sync in the notification area saying, "locating User For Device", till you see your phone number"Freedompop Setup Complete". The screen might even turn blue for an instant with a Freedompop Logo. This is normal. It is just the app initializing. After you initialize, and the phone syncs, you can use the phone's native dialer for Phone calls. To make a text or receive text, you will use the Freedompop Messaging app. The app will ask you if you want to make Freedompop the default. Make sure to press yes.

Freedompop use the Freedompop Messaging app to integrate the Phone's native dialer to place calls and receive calls. It is also used to create Text instead of using the Phones native messaging app. The only way to make phone call on a BYOD phone (Bring You Own Device) & Freedompop Branded Phones, the app has to be installed.

If You added the Sim card after the activation or you did not enter a ICCID of the Sim. Than you need to contact Customer Support for the ICCID Number synced with the account. Customer Support numbers in my signature.

Hope this helps,
    NJ

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop