**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

iPhone 4s

RealTrueGritRealTrueGrit Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
I was wondering if they iphone 4s would be useable on freedompops network. It supports the newest ios version, and so I was wondering if it would be useable on your network. Any advice will be helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

Answers

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016 #2
    @RealTrueGrit

You can use a Iphone 4s with 3G CDMA, here on Freedompop. Just make sure the phone is from Sprint or another MNVO like ting or Virgin Mobile. If its from a MNVO, make sure you have used it longer than 12 months. If the Phone is from Sprint Make sure that it has a 0$ balance with any company it came from. Brand New phone will most likely have issues activating.

You can test or activate the phone using the MEID/ESN here>>

https://www.freedompop.com/byod

You can use the link to Test the MEID/ESN. IF it goes Past the MEID Screen and shows you 3/4 Plans, the Phone is Acceptable. Than just close the browser if your just testing. If yours past and you want to Activate, just pick the plan and move on to the next page.

Thanks,
    Joe F

PS-I have used a Iphone 4s for the past 2 years with Freedompop and had no issues with coverage. Great phones when using 3g.

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• dkbatdkbat Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    Andrew,

Check the following post out for the latest list of phones supported on Freedompop:

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/13280/supported-phones-what-phones-can-i-activate-with-freedompop-on-byod-update-12-11-2015/p1

The iPhone 4s is definitely on the list. You'll have to make sure it's either a Freedompop phone or was used previously on the Sprint network as I believe those are the only ones that are sure to work.

David
  • RealTrueGritRealTrueGrit Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks for the reply guys. I am actually going to be doing a few repairs on the phone itself (got it from a friend in pretty bad condition), and was wondering If I replaced the logic board with one locked to sprint (yes they can be found online for a decent price) would I then be able to activate my phone with freedompop. I am pretty sure the answer is yes, but I just wanted to see what others had to say on the matter.
  • bridocbridoc Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I have been trying to register an I phone 4s, but it keeps saying it is having a problem with the meid. It is a Virgin 4s that I have used for over 2 years.

??