**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Is it normal to use 212 MB data for 1 hour reading Facebook, no videos and no downloading?

Bryan YoderBryan Yoder Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
Is it normal to use 212 MB data for 1 hour reading Facebook, no videos and no downloading? I started FreedomPop today with the Netgear 341U. Once I got on I looked at my Facebook page for 1 hr. Then I checked my account to see how much was used. It said 212 MB. That can't be right!

Answers

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bryan Yoder
    Check your usage on you computer. Windows 8 and 10, you can find this in settings. Make sure you have your Windows updates turned off. If you have a PC, that hasn't been updated in awhile and you have automatic updates turn on. As soon as you connect it will download the updates. Check the most recent updates if you have windows 7 or lower. You can have Windows updates as big as 2.5gbs. Also if your using Windows 10 make sure you have no apps running in the background. The background apps, don't take that much data, but it will take it.

If you can't find anything, Give Customer support a quick call, and have them look into you account.

(888) 743-8107

Hope you find its a discrepancy. Than Freedompop can fix you back up quickly.

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Bryan YoderBryan Yoder Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks for answering. I'll check things. I do have Windows 10 with automatic updates turned on.
  • Carlos SilvaCarlos Silva Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Pretty normal, yep.
    Modern browsers are memory eaters. They load all sorts of flash based adds (even worse, now most have video too) which can eat up memory on your computer like crazy, and of course precious network data.

A few tips:
    Use a browser that compresses data such as opera (or an extension for firefox)
    Use an add blocker
  • kellarllnkellarlln Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    My family uses over 200 GB of data per month watching videos & gaming (according to CenturyLink). Is a FreedomPop internet/broadband/wireless plan right for us, or will it cost too much money to have a similar plan with you? What are your data usage limits?
  • kerstuffkerstuff Posts: 664FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Short answer--no!