**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Port Out not Validated

Darren WinlandDarren Winland FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
Trying to port out my number and validation is showing as false. How to I validate or change status to true. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Darren Winland

Do you have a Temp number on the account? Freedompop will not accept a port, unless you have a Freedompop Number on the account already. Also make sure when you enter the number you try it like this>>XXXXXXXXXX, instead of (XXX)XXX-XXXX or XXX-XXX-XXXX.

Here is some instructions I like to use on Support tickets(how to port and what to expect)>>

http://www.freedompop.com/acct_manage_number.htm

You can also open your account online. Click the tab at the Top that says "MY ACCOUNT" A drop down menu will show, please pick "Phone Number". This will take you to a page that has 3 tabs (Get New Number, Transfer Existing Number and Get Global Virtual Number)

Click "Transferring Existing Number" and enter your phone number and click "Check Eligibility.”
    If it says your phone number is Eligible, Use the information below to find account # and Pin.

((((((((>>>>Visit this site to give the instructions on how to find your Account number and Pin# needed to transfer>>>>

http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2014/02/porting-your-number-how-to-find-your.html

Make sure to write the information you'll need it to finish<<<<<<)))))))

The address that the application asks for, along with the Account Number and Pin#, is the address you used on the old carrier account with the number you want to port. Use the link to find out how to get the account number and Pin# for your old Carrier. Each Carrier does theirs a little different.

Note: Passcode and Pin# are the same-thing.

Make sure you have A Freedompop Number picked (Temporary Number), or it will not allow the port to go through. Freedompop requires a Temp Number on the account, before the port goes through. .

It can take 24-48 hours for the Port to go through. If Freedompop has any issue with the number it can take upwards of a week. If the port is unsuccessful, your CC/Debit will be reimbursed the 9.99$ charge. Freedompop will send you an email confirmation once you port the new number and an email confirmation once the port is successful. If for some reason, the port does not go through, please contact your old carrier. They are responsible for the releasing the number for porting. Make sure that you have a number on the Freedompop account before you port (we called this your temporary number or the old number used before the port, but you do need one or it won’t accept). Also some carriers require you to have an account with them for so long before they’ll release the number for a port. Make sure you keep that phone activated till the port is 100% successful. Keep that other carrier phone active, ensures you don't lose the number, if the port is unsuccessful. After the port goes through, please update the profile and PRL. Most Androids you find this in Settings>Update System/Update Phone. IPhones please do a Service update- Open the native dialer and on the keypad, dial ##873283# and tap the Call icon.

Here is a Video by Freedompop. The video is a little dated, but it still shows what to do. See Link>>>>

Freedompop's Porting (transfer number) can be a little picky sometimes.

Hope this helps,
    NJ

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Darren WinlandDarren Winland FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    I appreciate the info, but I am trying to port out my existing FreedomPop number (which works fine) to another carrier, but the status says "Validated: false." How can I fix this?
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I apologize, I didn't drink enough Coffee this morning. Did you use the information on this page. Log onto your Freedompop account online and click this link>>

http://www.freedompop.com/acct_settings.htm

Scroll down till you see,"Phone Number Port Out Info"

If you used this info already, you might need one of the admins here to assist.

@Jorge M.
    @Karina Magana

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop