BYOD iPhone 4S Cannot Dial Out! (SOLVED!)

iphoneguyiphoneguy Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
edited April 2016 in Apple iPhone (Phone) #1
I Just activated my iPhone 4S last night and was able to call out but today when I try to dial out,
it rings but I get a voice message saying I "dialed the wrong code or number". The number is correct
because I just called it last night!

I am able to receive calls and send and receive texts. I just can't make calls. Help!
Post edited by iphoneguy on

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016 #2
    @iphoneguy
    Have you tried a profile and PRL update(service update)?>>

Make sure you're using a good Wi-Fi signal before the update. (Do near a window with no Obstructions or Outdoors if possible)

http://support.sprint.com/support/tutorial/Update-data-profile-Apple-iPhone-4S-16GB/WScenario_542_25219_771_en_1390-dvc5920002prd

You can also try,>>

Reset the network settings-

Resetting the network settings reconnects your Apple iPhone 4s to the Sprint/FreedomPop network and does not erase any of your content or data.

1) From the home screen, tap Settings.

2) Tap General.

3) Scroll to and tap Reset.

4) Tap Reset Network Settings.

5) Tap Reset Network Settings to confirm.

6) Your Apple iPhone 4s restarts.

7) Test your device to see if the issue is resolved. If Not move on to the next step.

Note: You will need to reconnect to your local Wireless network after the reset.

If this don't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Freedompop app.

Hope this helps

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• iphoneguyiphoneguy Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    @njfulwider5

Yes, I did do the profile thing and reset my network connections when I first activated my iphone. I was able to dial out that first day. On the second day, I wasn't able to dial out anymore. I still am not able to dial out.
    @njfulwider5

OK, I did the update data profile and reset network connection AGAIN and I uninstalled/reinstalled the Freedompop app. I'm experiencing the same problem.
    I'm still not able to dial out.

I can receive calls and send/receive texts, same as before.
    edited April 2016 #5
    Also, I noticed my iPhone's battery lost its charge overnight. It was at 100% last night and totally drained this morning. The phone was idle all this time.

I charged the iPhone back up to 100%. With the iPhone idle, I note that its battery is losing 10% of its charge every 2 hours. What's up with that?

Before I signed up with Freedompop, my iPhone's battery kept it's charge overnight and didn't lose any power while it was idle.

There must be some sort of excessive communication going on with the phone and Sprint for the battery to be drained like that.
    edited April 2016 #6
    Following up on this thread hoping it will help someone else with an iPhone 4S. This probably
    applies to the iPhone 4 too.

Called Freedompop's tech support today (actually several times) and finally got a definitive answer. They say their 3G support is limited now so I am able to receive calls, send/receive texts and access the internet (data) *BUT* I am not able to dial out a call. This is the extent of their service for the iPhone 4S. If I want to dial out, I need to be connected to wifi(!?)

This kind of defeats the purpose of having a cell phone since I'd want to be able to make a call without relying on a wifi signal. It's like having "half" a cellphone. What if you're out in the middle of nowhere with no wifi? (I guess you could text someone or send them email)

Regarding battery drain. It appears the Freedompop app is a battery hog. So you need to remove it from memory if you're not using it. If the app is in the background, it will continue to suck power from your battery. I assume it's communicating with the Freedompop mothership constantly.

If anyone with an iPhone 4/4S is able to dial out, I'd like to hear about it. Please post here or PM me.

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.2.1
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @iphoneguy
    Sorry been awhile since I was on the forum. I sent you a DM.

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

Another update.

I noticed last night I was able to make calls from my iPhone! And today too! Now I suspect it was because I had tech support "refresh" my account yesterday and it took some time for it to trickle down to my phone. Evidently, my account wasn't configured correctly before. And telling me I couldn't make calls because their 3G support is "limited" was just BS from tech support.

Receiving calls, texting and data still work too.

So now I have fully working cell service. Whew!