**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

offline maps from MAPS.ME

LibertyPop5LibertyPop5 Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
I cannot download ANY map from MAP.ME for offline use.
Is Freedompop blocking this?

I then tried to transfer the dowmloaded map files from a PC to my android phone,
but the app MAP.ME does NOT recognize any map.
Is there a special set up on the phone?
(I use a 32 GB ext SD card to store the map files)

Comments

• Marc JosephMarc Joseph Posts: 172FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm guessing that the downloaded maps need to placed in the correct folder in order for the app to recognize them. You might try installing Osmand from the playstore if you're looking for offline maps.
  • limeylimey Posts: 674FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    @LibertyPop5 - It's been awhile since I messed with this, but there's no blocks on downloading maps that I'm aware of - do you get any error message? Having said that, I always downloaded the maps over my home WiFi, since they can eat up your data allowance.

For PC downloads, go to Setting & More->Settings->Maps storage on the app & check whether the maps directory is the same location that you're placing the downloads from the PC at. The app may currently be expecting to see them in the internal memory, rather then the external SDcard.

Check the Maps.Me FAQ for the default location/tips.

One last possible wrinkle - depending on the Android version your phone is running, you might run into issues using the external storage with some apps - I'm using Maps.Me on an Android version that doesn't have the restrictions that later versions can have, so I can't personally verify this one.
  • James_in_UtahJames_in_Utah Posts: 243FreedomPop Newbie
    I run MapFactor Navigator on my wifi only tablet. I haven't tried it on my FP phone. There is a setting under advanced settings to move the app data to external SD card.
  • James_in_UtahJames_in_Utah Posts: 243FreedomPop Newbie
    I just installed Navigator on my phone. It allows me to store the maps on my external SD card. I was also able to store the app on the external SD card.