**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

How do I verify my phone with GV?

Larry SowellLarry Sowell Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
There is a keypad issue when I try to verify my phone with GV. I dialed a another unrelated number and used my keypad to navigate an automated system with no problems. So, I guess it's just related to GV. I receive the call from GV and I input the two digit code but the system doesn't recognize that I have pressed the buttons. I've seen similar issues in this forum but not precisely the same. I recently verified an android phone with no problems. Now that I have the Iphone 5s to verify, it doesn't seem to work. Anyway, if you have seen this problem and know of a way to work around it, let me know. Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Larry SowellLarry Sowell Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks for the info but there is one flaw in your slaw. You can't use hangouts without a google voice number and you can't get a number until you can verify your phone which I can't do. Not the worst thing in the world but it's one more thing that I have learned that's annoying, such as no custom ringtones )-: Thanks again.
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭

I recently verified an android phone with no problems.

Didn't you already get a number when you used this android phone you mentioned?
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
  • lizzeylizzey Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I do have a suggestion on getting a Google Voice number - I did this last year, so I don't know if this still works, but you can use any phone number to get your Google Voice number - I used a landline to receive the call.
    Then, once you have your Google Voice number you can add another number, your FP number, to the GVoice account.
    I just use the Hangouts app and the Hangouts dialer for my GVoice number, I haven't added my FP number to the account, so I don't know how hard it is to verify a FP phone for GVoice.
    Then if GVoice verifies your FP number, you can remove the original phone number you used to get your GVoice number - and you are left with a GVoice number with your FP number attached.
    I repeat, I don't know if GVoice will verify a FP number, but this should get you started with a GVoice number.
  • lizzeylizzey Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
  • bukzinbukzin Posts: 39FreedomPop Newbie
    lizzey, OK, your steps worked with my iphone 6. I used Hangouts to verify my FP number. Thanks!

I am a GoogleVoice/Hangouts newbie. How are you arranging the forwarding? I have a Global SIM
    card in my unlocked BYOD Android (5.1.1 Lollipop) and would like to receive calls/texts, while in Europe, on both my Verizon and FP numbers.

(I also bought the Mifi 2 hotspot with Global SIM, if that comes into play)

Is this do-able? What might be the best configuration ?

Thanks again
  • B-Rob the GreatB-Rob the Great Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    @bukzin @lizzey I would also like to know the answers to bukzin 's questions. I am in a similar situation. However, I already have a GV number that I use for my Nexus 6P on Verizon. I now have a separate FreedomPop Global sim card and put it in my unlocked ATT iPhone 5s. I can text via GV number but when I call my GV number, no incoming call shows up in Hangouts.
  • B-Rob the GreatB-Rob the Great Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    @bukzin @lizzey I figured out my own problem. I had to enable call alerts in Hangouts via settings -> tap on Google voice phone number -> enable incoming call alerts :)
  • Michael GrinnellMichael Grinnell Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Started up my FP Samsung Galaxy phone today. Verified by adding the new # on my laptop and then having them call me. My current issue is it only seems to allow me to text and I don't see the option to call from Google Voice. Any thoughts?
  • dfresh229dfresh229 Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    There is some kind of glitch in IOS 9.2.3 that the dialer won't work while in a call. Therefore you can't verify Google Voice or go through voicemail options or any answering system you call where it says like "press 3 to get Dr Johnson". I just had an old Android and used it to verify my new Global Sim on Google Voice. I wish I had known this before upgrading to IOS 9.2.3 on iPhone 5. DON'T UPDATE YOUR IOS DEVICE UNTIL FIX IS RELEASED, I would recommend.
  • crazybirdcrazybird Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Here's an alternate solution without using hangouts. From a PC, browse to
    http://onlinetonegenerator.com/dtmf.html
    which will display a touch tone key pad. When Google Voice asks for verification, hold the phone up to the pc speaker, and enter the code. Worked for me on an iPhone 5.
  • mattfmattf Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    crazybird said:

Here's an alternate solution without using hangouts. From a PC, browse to
    http://onlinetonegenerator.com/dtmf.html
    which will display a touch tone key pad. When Google Voice asks for verification, hold the phone up to the pc speaker, and enter the code. Worked for me on an iPhone 5.

@crazybird you are genius my friend!
  • mattfmattf Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    @crazybird you are a genius... this works!
  • wdm.amy@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I've been using FP with Google Hangouts/Google Voice for a year. I recently received a message from Google stating I needed to re-verify my FP number. I cannot get the keypad to register with the automated Google verification call. I tried the online tone generator listed above on my iPad, my computer (with and without external speakers), on wifi, on LTE, on speakerphone - every way I could think of. Nothing is working. I have an iPhone 5 running the newest iOS. Any ideas? BTW - I am certain that I used the online tone generator to verify this a year ago, but I think it worked first try.
  • freedompop2freedompop2 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    wdm.amy,
    I ran into the exact situation as you. Did you resolve it? I suspect it's the new FP app that won't catch the dial tones.
  • kocat177kocat177 Posts: 30FreedomPop Newbie
    no nothing seem to work now. I tried the tone generator no it didnt work. I tried turned on the incoming call alert in hangout app, hangout app will NOT show up when calls come in. So what is the newest solution ?