Does account deactivation automatically release the ESN and ICCID (LTE SIM card) for all devices?

woot-wootwoot-woot Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
Hello. I was browsing the forum and see request after request by users individually asking for a forum moderator to manually release the ESN of devices before they will close their account. I was hoping for there to be a self-serve way to accomplish this task, and was wondering whether simply "deactivating" an account via the website dashboard ("My Account > Account Settings > Deactivate Account") would automatically release the ESN and ICCID (LTE SIM card) for all devices in the chosen account?

If not, what is the best way to make such a request (to FreedomPop)? Is there an email address where such requests can be sent, and pushed onto a queue?

PS. I just want to add that I truly appreciate the services that I've received from FP; it's been a wonderful experience and I regret closing my account. My only reason for doing so is that I'm gifting my spare phone to a family member who wants to activate it with a different provider. Thanks again! :)

Best Answer