**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Incoming Premium Voice Preference (enabled or disabled)?

MaximusMaximus Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
edited May 2016 in Premium Voice Service #1
Hi,

I'm wondering if I should leave it enabled? I found it under My Account - Account Settings. If I don't have the
'FreedomPop Premium Plus for $7.99 / month' then should I leave it enabled and if I leave it enabled, will I get charged monthly for it?
Post edited by Maximus on

Comments

• Marc JosephMarc Joseph Posts: 172FreedomPop Newbie
    That setting makes no sense whatsoever, since premium voice only works on outgoing calls.
  • AdamAdamAdamAdam Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Click premiun voice on the internet and disable it unless you want to be charged. It is right at the bottom of the page in very small writing. Very cheecky.
  • iweismehliweismehl Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    What do you mean when you say it only works for "outgoing calls"? Does it not work like regular voicemail?
  • Marc JosephMarc Joseph Posts: 172FreedomPop Newbie
    Premium Voice has nothing to do with Voicemail. It's a service FreedomPop offers that will route outgoing calls to the regular cell network when data is weak or not available- in other words, it's not VOIP, like regular FreedomPop calls are. Also, the OP is talking about a setting in "Account Settings", which seems to be there whether one subscribes to Premium Voice or not.
  • ketchupmanketchupman Posts: 24FreedomPop Newbie
    Did you get an answer Marc Joseph? I tried calling my FreedomPop phone from my home phone with wifi and data off - no cigar. But, as expected, could call out on Sprint.
  • MaximusMaximus Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    I got this reply from customer service some time ago. Here's what they said.

Upon checking, you don't have a Premium Voice service on your account since you are no longer subscribed to FreedomPop Premium Plus. Please leave it as is, rest assure that you will not be charge for it.
  • hans2vthans2vt Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I verified my GV number on on FP phone. here is how...

1) on a different iphone I called my home phone, answered, then mute home phone
    2) put my iphone on speaker phone and brought up dialer
    3) activate the call to FP phone to verify the GV code
    4) answer FP phone, put on speaker phone
    5) put other iPhone and FP phone next to each other (speaker of iPhone up to microphone of FP phone)
    6) punch in GV verification code on iPhone and the noise it emits goes into microphone on FP phone and the GV voice number verified successfully