**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Nexus 5X simultaneous CDMA and Global SIM (GSM)

Elliot J LernerElliot J Lerner Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
I have a Nexus 5X currently without an active cell carrier, as well as a data only FreedomPop Global SIM. I was thinking of activating the Nexus 5X with FreedomPop, but my concern is the times I will be out of Sprint coverage or WiFi range. Does anyone know what is likely to happen if I pop the Global SIM into my FreedomPop (Sprint) activated Nexus 5X? Will the GSM radio with ATT/T-Mobile service override the Sprint CDMA service while the SIM is in place?

Comments

• Brian BartonBrian Barton Posts: 180FreedomPop Newbie
    You can just switch your phones mobile settings from cdma to gsm and back again. You will have to add/change the apn to get data services working but I had my Verizon s4 mini on Verizon while using a at&t sim every once in a while depending on the coverage. Also your phone may be a little more user friendly by saving apns but my phone would sometimes forget the apn when switching between sims and type of service (cdma/gsm). Google store has a app with most apns ready for copy/paste.