**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Where is the category for MOTO E?

LakeNokomisLakeNokomis Posts: 54FreedomPop Newbie
I am interested in tethering, and I learned it is not possible with my Kyocera Hydro Icon. I got a Moto E for my sister, but before I turn it over to her, I want to make tethering work. This is very important to me because I need a backup for the free wifi that I am getting by using a C. Crane antenna. So far, no one has been able to help me. I have tethering set up - the hotspot name, the password, celluar data = on, the whole nine yards. My computer recognizes the hot spot, but it doesn't carry an internet signal with it. I am making an assumption that the introductory package that I got with this phone gives me a taste of everything FP offers. I am not getting tethering however - wifi or usb (I don't mess with bluetooth). I have a sneaking suspicion that tethering is not available under any circumstances with the Sprint backbone. I downloaded an app called FoxFi that was recommended on YouTube. No luck in tethering. Somebody under the comments made a remark about Sprint that led me to believe that any MVNO using Sprint is going to have the same problems. Is anyone out there succeeding with tethering?

Comments

• Marc JosephMarc Joseph Posts: 172FreedomPop Newbie
    I can tether with my FreedomPop LG G2. Tethering with FreedomPop, however, is a paid service which can either be purchased separately or as part of the Premium Plus package. If you don't subscribe to either of these services, I don't think that you'll be able to tether.
  • LakeNokomisLakeNokomis Posts: 54FreedomPop Newbie
    The 30 day introductory package is supposed to give the enrolled a taste of all the features including tethering. I enrolled briefly in the premium services package for my Kyocera Hydro Icon in order to get tethering. I learned within 30 minutes that the KHI does not support tethering, and I got my money back. When you are talking Premium Plus Package, are you talking about the $7.99/mo plan that includes services such as textual voice mail and enhanced voice?
  • Marc JosephMarc Joseph Posts: 172FreedomPop Newbie

When you are talking Premium Plus Package, are you talking about the $7.99/mo plan that includes services such as textual voice mail and enhanced voice?

Well, yes, if by textual voice and enhanced voice you really mean Visual Voicemail and Premium Voice.

• CatherineMcClareyCatherineMcClarey Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
    Waking up this dormant thread. I've had my Freedompop Moto E for several months, and have been paying the $7.99/month for Premium Plus, so I have tethering capability on the Moto E -- but I haven't needed to use it before now. My family is going on vacation in 2 days, and they want to tether their Kindles, iPads and laptops to my phone. I found a video tutorial on YouTube about setting up tethering, but that featured a Samsung Galaxy Victory, so the screens weren't exactly the same, and the whole tutorial went by too fast. I think a text tutorial (ideally illustrated with screenshots) would work much better for me. Are there any such tutorials for setting up tethering on a Moto E? Or do I need to have my tech-savvy college-age daughter try to figure it out for me? (And even she might need some kind of tutorial, if there are any steps involved that are device-specific to Moto Es or Freedompop-specific.)
    At least, with the data rollover included in Premium Plus, I have just over 4GB of unused data that the tethered devices can use!