**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Can't get the right app?

zdragonzdragon Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
I'm trying to activate an HTC EVO phone. It's an older phone, but I have used it with Sprint recently, so it should work. I'm running Android 4.56, so that shouldn't be a problem. But I can't seem to find the right app. I have Google Market (not the Play Store) and on that all I can find is the WiFi app, not the Messaging app. So now apparently my phone is set up as a WiFi hotspot, not a phone. I just want to be able to send texts and make phone calls. Ideas?

Comments

• Davey (3rd)Davey (3rd) Posts: 132FreedomPop Newbie
    If you go to Apkpure.com HERE you can find all the Freedompop apps listed there, you can either download the apk and sideload them to your phone or download the apkpure app and install them through that, I think probably the one you want is the free call and text app.
  • Carol LewCarol Lew Posts: 63FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert
    I had an issue with trying to install the Free Call and Text app on a custom Kitkat ROM. But I was able to install the Messaging app once I did a profile/PRL update from the FP ROM. Also, you may not be allowed to install the Messaging app, even after downloading it afrom Apkpure. But, if you made a nandroid backup of the FP ROM or a stock ROM (you can install a rooted or non-rooted one if you don't have a backup of the FP ROM), you can restore the ROM, do a profile/PRL update, and then you should be able to download the Messaging app from the Play store.
    ~~~ Owns a few High Tech Computers while wearing / running a Red Hat Fedora ~~~
    Devices: HTC Evo 4G, HTC Evo 4G LTE, and other HTC devices (not under FP), MiFi 500 LTE