**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Phone Swap Request Info.

Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,371 admin

If you would like to swap your #FreedomPop devices or phone numbers between your active accounts, please follow the directions below to get this done:

• Please create a discussion under the Swap your Device or Number category stating you would like a FreedomPop Admin to assist in a device swap request and specifying that the devices associated with your swap request are indeed currently active.
  • Within the same discussion thread, please indicate which two devices will be involved with the swap (e.g. iPhone 5 and iPhone 6).

Looking to bring your own Phone and swap out your current Phone under an active FreedomPop account?

• You will need to ensure a successful activation through our BYOD funnel under a new account associated with an alternate email.
  • Please create a discussion within this category stating a successful BYOD activation and would like to request a device swap between the new and old account.
*Please do not post the account emails as an Admin will only request private information through a PM (private message).

We appreciate everyone's patience as our Admins will assist you with your swap requests!
Post edited by Jorge on

Comments

• iPhone 5iPhone 5 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 8
    Hello, I hv 2 devices, each time I sign in with iPhone, it always assigned with the number of hotspot, how can I fix that? Thanks.
  • Sanjiv ParikhSanjiv Parikh FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    Hello, I have two devices I would like their numbers swapped out. One is LG Optimus F3 and the other is Galaxy Note 3. Also on a side note, after activating my Note 3, the phone part does not work(I cannot make calls into or out of it) nor can I get text messages to it. I can send text messages from it however.
    Thank you for your help.
  • Preston SeylePreston Seyle FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 8
    FP phone was shipped with BAD SIM. I want to buy another SIM so my kid can use the phone. Where can I buy a working SIM and how do I keep the same phone number?
  • Preston SeylePreston Seyle FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 8
    I need to swap out sim cards as the one supplied by FP died. How do I get my phone number etc switched to the new SIM card?
  • David SingletonDavid Singleton FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 33
    I would like to swap numbers between two phones on my account, swap the LG Optimus F3 with the global sim kit (BLU Studio x) Thank you
  • Patricia KelloggPatricia Kellogg FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
    Hello I have an LG volt I would like to swap with Samsung galaxy 5
  • anaraanara FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    Hello - I have LG Volt, never got it working without wifi. I think its locked with Virgin/sprint even though i ordered it through freedompop. Already Spent multiple hours with tech support trying to fix and asking device exchange, no help.

Am wondering if you can transfer number to sim and send me. I kno volt is cdma.

Let me know.
  • anaraanara FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2

Hello I have an LG volt I would like to swap with Samsung galaxy 5

how did your request go ?
  • Patricia KelloggPatricia Kellogg FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
    Haven't heard from anyone. I too have an LG Volt, it worked great except phone quality was terrible..think speaker feedback..squealing screeching noises..found out I could use it on speaker with no problems but I don't want to use speaker for every conversation. I needed more memory so I upgraded...but would LOVE to be able to keep the same number..
  • C taylorC taylor FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    Also have lg volt and please help me with switching to another but new(refurbished) freedompop lg volt given as a bday gift . Both are freedompop both are lg volt how can i switch to the one i just received as a gift???Thx in advance...
  • hacamphacamp FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    Sorry if I double posted, but my first post did not seem to go thru...

My iPhone 5 was just replaced due to a swollen battery (with another iPhone 5). And the SIM from the old device was put into the new device.

Since it's a fresh iPhone, it needs to go through the initial activation thru Apple. When I get to the Carrier Settings part of the activation, I choose Sprint (there's no FreedomPop) and then it asks for a Sprint phone number and PIN. My FreedomPop number did not seem to work. I think it is asking for the number that I could see if I went to Settings>Phone (the number that no one can call, but seems to give access to Sprint's data), but I don't have access to that number nor do I have a PIN for Sprint.

So what do I need to do to get thru this step of the activation, so I can get the IMEI to set up a new device with FreedomPop?

And once that's done, what are the steps to get the new phone onto my old account, hoping to have the same number and account info?
  • hacamphacamp FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    So my iPhone 5 was replaced due to a swollen battery (replaced with the same model). And I have the SIM form the old iPhone in the new one.

Since it's a fresh phone, I have to activate it as a new device (with Apple), and I get to the point where I need to choose a carrier, and select Sprint (**** is not a choice), but then it asks me for my Sprint number and PIN. I don't have a Sprint number or PIN and trying me FreedomPop number does not seem to work...

What do I need to enter to get through this step of activating a new iPhone?

Once I get through that step, and can get the IMEI for the new device, how will I add this new device to my account and remove the old/bad device?

Thanks
  • SCSassySCSassy FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 21
    Hi. I have a Kyocera Hydro and I purchased a LG G2 a few months ago. The LG was added to the Kyocera account. I am using the LG more than the Kyocera and would like the earned/free/shared data to go to the LG. Is it possible to do this without changing either phone number?
  • zkaplanzkaplan FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 45
    Hi. I have a question to which you may know the answer. I have two FreedomPop numbers and two FreedomPop devices tied to one email account. When I use the FreedomPop app on a non-FreedomPop device, it automatically chooses one of those two numbers. Is there a way to program the app to use my second FreedomPop number with the app on the non-FreedomPop device instead of my first number? Thanks.
  • jeremy babinjeremy babin FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 10
    so i started a new account on my zte so that i could swap numbers with my old htc, but instead, only the contact info from my old phone swapped. i still need to do a full swap, i haven't had anyone contact me yet.
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,371 admin
    Looking to swap your FreedomPop devices between your active accounts?

Please create a discussion within this category stating you would like a FreedomPop Admin to assist in a device swap request and specifying that the devices associated with your swap request are indeed currently active.
    Within the same discussion thread, please indicate which two devices will be involved with the swap (e.g. iPhone 5 and iPhone 6).

Looking to bring your own Phone and swap out your current Phone under an active FreedomPop account?

You will need to ensure a successful activation through our BYOD funnel under a new account associated with an alternate email.
    Please create a discussion within this category stating a successful BYOD activation and would like to request a device swap between the new and old account.
    *Please do not post the account emails as an Admin will only request private information through a PM (private message).

We appreciate everyone's patience as our Admins will assist you with your swap requests!
This discussion has been closed.