**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

port out issue

Michael McGillMichael McGill Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
I entered my pin from account settings and my phone number as the password to port my number out of fp and I got an error from my new provider than said my password didn't match. I changed my pin before I ported the number over to make sure I knew what it was. Is there anything I have to do that I am missing?

Comments

• Michael McGillMichael McGill Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    any way i can get an admins help with this? I used my port out info.

@Jorge M.
    @Karina Magana
  • dckelldckell Posts: 14FreedomPop Newbie
    I am having the exact same problem. The PIN does not show in my account settings, and resetting it does nothing.
  • Michael McGillMichael McGill Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    I did the same thing - reset my pin, but found out it doesn't work. I called technical support and they gave my pin. I'm now attempting to port out again with, hopefully, the correct pin.
    So you can possibly get the PIN. May I ask what number you called? I don't see a technical support phone number.
    For anyone else with this issue, calling Tech Support works. They will give you a PIN. I successfully ported to T-Mobile once I had that.

Remember to choose a new replacement number on your FreedomPop account ... the port was delayed until I took that step (it will be an option in your account and the old number will be gone).
  • Billy WilliamsBilly Williams Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    How long after speaking to tech support and giving the info to t-mobile, did it take for the old number listed on your account to be gone?
    Billy, once I had the actual PIN from tech support on the phone, it populated in my FreedomPop account online where it should be. That took about 5 minutes and was there when I refreshed. Once I called T-Mob, she held me on the phone for a few minutes and said she didn't see any problems (this time!). I waited another 10 minutes or so.

Once I logged out of my FreedomPop account and logged back in, it asked me to choose a new number for my FreedomPop tablet ...which I did. Almost immediately once I did that, I got the T-Mob text on my T-Mob phone saying the port was complete and welcome to T-Mob.

From getting the PIN to successful port took less than an hour.
  • Jimmy LaraJimmy Lara Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    i am trying to port out my freedompop number to cricket wireless and says telephone number invalid..please help
  • Jimmy LaraJimmy Lara Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    need help porting out FP number to cricket wireless, says phone number invalid