**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

How do you turn on internet sharing to a hotspot or tether?

LakeNokomisLakeNokomis Posts: 54FreedomPop Newbie
I always thought that hot spot and tethering allowed the tetherer to share an internet connection with the tetheree. I have the premium package on my Moto e, but the best I can get is a "local"network connection devoid of any internet content. Is there any internet connection sharing ICS switch that needs to be toggled before internet content begins to flow through my hot spot or tether?

I share an internet service with a neighbor via antenna. I can pick up the hot spot set up on his router. If the internet connection to his router is shut down, as happens from time to time, the hot spot is like getting a plate with no food on it. I can pass the plate around to others at my table, but nobody is satisfied. This is what I think may be happening with my FreedomPop probational "Premium" Services package. I get a sample of some of the goodies, but not the whole enchilada.

Answers

• LakeNokomisLakeNokomis Posts: 54FreedomPop Newbie
    Maybe I should cancel this post, but I want the solution to my problem to help someone else. What I did to get my hot spot and tethering to serve up internet content is as follows: go to "System Update" in Settings. Update PRL. Update Profile. This procedure was done with wifi off. Now I have food on the plate!
  • MediumD_ABQMediumD_ABQ Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    This helped me solve my hotspot issue ("You are not subscribed to the Hotspot service") when I couldn't use my HTC Desire 510 to tether despite having subscribed to that service.
  • MediumD_ABQMediumD_ABQ Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    HTC Desire 510 erroneous "You are not subscribed to the Hotspot service" problem fixed with this solution. Thanks.
  • Nopakorn HiranratNopakorn Hiranrat Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I have HTC 510 and the 'Setting' for WiFi Hot Spot is disabled by FreedomPop.
    From HTC site: http://www.htc.com/sea/support/htc-desire-510/howto/540677.html
    1. Go to Settings, and then under Wireless & networks, tap More.
    2. Tap Mobile network sharing > Portable Wi-Fi hotspot. << NOT THERE !
    It's understandable that FreedomPop want to control/sell this feature, I have Premium Plus service.
    - FreedomPop had its own app for tethering but no where to be found.
    - E-mailing with tech support is not helping either.
    - Tried LakeNokomis method above...not working for me.

>> Anyone ??

• ShantiShanti Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I also need a solution to this. Why do they sell tethering service if that can't be activated in a phone.
  • Nopakorn HiranratNopakorn Hiranrat Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Tech Support had me do a 'Hard Reset' on the phone, same thing. I've concluded, that my phone had 'WiFi Hot Spot' feature removed. FreedomPop got this 'refurbish' phone from other carrier which had the tethering option removed. Of course, FreedomPop did not check the firmware and sold it to us. Only solution is to root the phone. But reading other threads...big big hassle ! You have to be an Andriod geek to do it right and something about unlock the boot loader ? Anyhoo, I have request to send the phone back and get another one with this feature available.