**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Kyocera Hydro Icon phone having ton of problems since last year...found a fix!

MSGMSG Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
Just an FYI for people having all kinds of software related problems on their FreedomPop phones: it is probably bloatware related to either FreedomPop's software or software you installed.

My phone was just having tons of problems since late last year. The google voice recognition app would often freeze and hang, in which case I would have to restart the phone. Then, for some reason, the top part of my screen would just be unresponsive to touch after several minutes upon reboot. I could no longer activate the search toolbar, or pull down the settings screen. I figured the problem was related to either some FreedomPop bloatware, or some other app that was installed like the Lumen Toolbar--which I don't even know where that came from.

I tried uninstalling the bloat but could not since I had no root privileges. Found a way to root my phone, uninstall all the apps, and speed up the system with a perf optimizer. Man, ever since then, my phone is working flawless. And, the phone seems more responsive and speedier.

So, FYI, if you're having lots of issues with your phone, try running a root app and uninstall all bloatware. I'm sure FreedomPop will not recommend this, but it has finally made my phone usable again.

Comments

• Jean MillerJean Miller Posts: 140FreedomPop Newbie
    I wouldn't risk your security with a root! Just disable them in Settings>App Manager. My Hydro Icon works great now especially after the software update that fixed the Playstore all those Google apps which would crash upon opening.
    I like me deals and free stuff. Thx, peeps