**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

No phone numbers available in WA state and cannot port AT&T numbers into FreedomPop

Alan LukeAlan Luke FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4
I've tried all the WA area codes for weeks and none come up available. I've also tried to see if I can port existing AT&T and Verizon phone numbers to FreedomPop but it says the numbers cannot be ported. I seem to be out of luck with getting a WA phone number, are there any other ways to bring in a WA number if FP will not port the number in?

Comments

• Richard AllenRichard Allen FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Alan,

There are usually 2 reasons why a number will not port into FP.
    1) FP uses a company called Bandwidth.com as their number provider. If the number you are trying to port in is not in a rate center that Bandwidth.com has a presence in then the number cannot be ported in.

2) in rare cases there are some small cell carriers that FP does not port in from. In your case Verizon and AT&T should not be a problem.

If you would like to verify if your number is in a rate center that Bandwidth has a presence in you could check the number with Republic wireless number checker. The link for that is

https://republicwireless.com/tools/number-transfer/

Republic Wireless also uses Bandwidth.com so if you use their number checker and if a number comes back that the number is not eligible to port then the rate center is the problem.

The only option I can suggest for a WA number is see if you can get one through google voice. If you can get a google voice number then that number would be able to port into FP.;
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just my 2 cents! I live in Seattle and I've been hoping to see numbers here and unfortunately in the past 2 years, I seen a 360 once and grabbed it. Than once a member asked about 425 and there was 5 number. Next 20 minutes they was gone.

425 will show numbers there every once and awhile(night time, but never last), and 360, I have not seen since i got the one.

253 and 206, I have not seen. Since all Phone services are no longer long distance, this has not been an issues for me and my Family. We just use the Closest area code-971 Portland Oregon and 503 Lake Oswego. I did end up porting a number I had from Virgin Mobile with a 253 number. That seem to go through pretty quick.

971 and 503 are the closet.

If you need to get back to the page to find a number. Log back into your Freedompop account and click this link>>

http://www.freedompop.com/acct_manage_number.htm

On this page, You will pick a Area Code, Zipcode or City & State you want the number on the phone to be from. You'll get presented with 10 phone numbers. If you don't like the number they give you with the first 10, click the Green “Get Numbers” again and it will refresh to 10 new numbers. Once you find the number you want, click the dot next to the number. Than at the bottom click the green button "Select Number".

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot to mention,

Inorder to port to Freedompop, you have to have a Freedompop Number on the account. Once you pick a number, Attempt to port the number you want. If you have no number on the account, than the port will fail eachtime. I guess its a fail safe, to make sure that the account has a number the whole time. Kind of strange, but it is the only way.

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• roadkingduderoadkingdude FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    For all Washington state freedom pop users as off 5 min ago there is a 360 area code number available
  • roadkingduderoadkingdude FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    360 number is gone, that was fast