Is the BYOD ESN check down?

David CoutureDavid Couture Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
edited May 2016 in BYOD #1
I have been trying to see if a phone will work with FP by using the BYOD page (http://www.freedompop.com/byod) and all I get is a message that says, "We're experiencing an issue with your provided device ID. To complete your activation call xxx-xxx-xxxx." I have tried multiple different ESNs from different phones and all have ended up with that message.
Post edited by David Couture on

Comments

• David CoutureDavid Couture Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    Anyone? I'm trying to have a few sellers on swappa check if their phones will work with FP, but everyone so far has run into this issue.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Works for me. What are your IMEI or MEID numbers?
    I don't have the numbers, I am trying to choose a phone to buy from swappa and asking sellers to check their phones with FP's BYOD page. So far, 4/4 people I have asked have got the error message I mentioned in my first post.

I also tried the esn from another phone that I have activated with FP right now, getting the same error message. However, since it is in use I'm guessing it would have failed the check anyway.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well ask them to enter the MEID number and not the IMEI since if they enter the IMEI it will fail.
    You were right. I had them enter the MEID and it went through. Thanks!