**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

How to port from PagePlus to FreedomPop?

kbwfb2kbwfb2 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 8
Hello - There are several threads on porting a PagePlus number to FP, except none have been answered.

Can any admin help explain how this can be done?

There was a suggestion to first port to Ring.to, except they are not accepting new customers.

How is it possible to proceed, or does FP not have a solution to this problem?

Page Plus / Pageplus / Port / Porting

Comments

• Richard AllenRichard Allen FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, I am not a FP admin but let me see if I can help.

Here are the instructions for porting a number out of PagePlus from another web site.

These are the details you'll need to successfully transfer your number from PagePlus:

In addition to your name, address, and phone number, you'll need to enter the following:

Account Number: This is your 10-digit phone number
    PIN: Last 4 digits of your phone number, unless you've changed the PIN with Page Plus.

Ring.to is not currently accepting new accounts while they are in the process of migrating to a paid service. Also, Please be aware that Page Plus is a know problem carrier when it comes to porting numbers out. If you can successfully get the porting process into FP started you will need to keep tabs on the port request. Normally if there are no problems a port can be completed in 1 - 2 business days.
  • kbwfb2kbwfb2 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 8
    While I appreciate the effort, that info doesn't much help on FreedomPop, since PagePlus isn't on the porting menu, and FP specifically states:

Please Note: Unfortunately, we do not support the following carriers: Google Voice, Page Plus, Frontier Communications, and Text Now.

.. Basically, I'm looking for help in working around that roadblock. Ring.to would have been helpful, but no more.
  • Richard AllenRichard Allen FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭
    The only other option I could suggest would be to port your number to a T-Mobile Sim. Then from T-mobile you would be able to port into Freedompop. Porting your number to T-Mobile will run around $29 (SIM + short term service).