**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Google Voice Cant Port Number

techmantechman Posts: 33FreedomPop Newbie
Ok
I just got a LG G3 from Woot and it came with its own number so I had my old Boost number ported to my new phone.

Now I want to get a Google Voice number for better messaging app mainly.

My number was ported 2 weeks ago and wondering if thats somehow the reason its not letting me port my number yet.

Is there any delay when porting numbers to 2 providers going from boost to freedompop and now to google voice?
If not why cant I port my number atm?

Comments

• Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Techman,

The problem you are seeing trying to port your number from FreedomPop to Google Voice is Google voice does not port in numbers from land lines. Because FreedomPop is a VOIP provider for porting purposes it is considered a land line.

The only way I know of to successfully port a FreedomPop number to Google voice is to first port the number to a cell carrier (for example T-Mobile). From T-Mobile you will then be able to port your number to Google Voice.
  • techmantechman Posts: 33FreedomPop Newbie

Hi Techman,

The problem you are seeing trying to port your number from FreedomPop to Google Voice is Google voice does not port in numbers from land lines. Because FreedomPop is a VOIP provider for porting purposes it is considered a land line.

The only way I know of to successfully port a FreedomPop number to Google voice is to first port the number to a cell carrier (for example T-Mobile). From T-Mobile you will then be able to port your number to Google Voice.

My number was ported from my Boost cell so if I changed it then to Google Voice then it would of worked /bonk.

Anyways I wanted to be able to use my own phone dialer app and thought I have same voicemail app which are both tied to using FreedomPop apps.

And mainly I wanted to use another message app as the FreedomPop is very limited in features I cant even setup its own ringtone.

So now I need to see if I can adjust to just using just these 3 FreedomPop apps.