Pandora, IheartRadio, Etc

Danny GuzmanDanny Guzman Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
ive been having issues connecting to Pandora nad Iheartradio ( haven't tried anything else).
on wifi im good to go. but when I switch to cellular data, and open the app. it says sorry Pandora is not available in your country, if you're conntected to a VPN, etc..

I bought the $10 sim from freedompop.
im using the apn they told me. im in the us. my device is apple ipad set to us iTunes store.
has anyone else had this issue and fixed it? or know of a work around??

Comments

• Marc JosephMarc Joseph Posts: 172FreedomPop Newbie
    I think that I read somewhere that the global SIM will show that you're located in the UK.
  • Christopher JacksonChristopher Jackson Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    I just got my sim card yesterday and this was the first problem I've found with it. I set my APN to freedompop.foggmobile.com as the packaging suggested and everything works, however, pandora (and I'm assuming but haven't tried Netflix yet) is saying that the service is not available in my country. Does anyone know if there is a local APN we can use for this sim? I bought this card as a trial to see if I can survive without AT&T. This is really my only complaint so far.

As a workaround, you can get a VPN app to "fool" Pandora. I downloaded the first app that came up in my search for VPNs called Betternet. It's 100% free if you use the auto-location feature. It doesn't seem to have slowed anything down either.
  • iiwiiiiwii Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie

I just got my sim card yesterday and this was the first problem I've found with it. I set my APN to freedompop.foggmobile.com as the packaging suggested and everything works, however, pandora (and I'm assuming but haven't tried Netflix yet) is saying that the service is not available in my country. Does anyone know if there is a local APN we can use for this sim? I bought this card as a trial to see if I can survive without AT&T. This is really my only complaint so far.

As a workaround, you can get a VPN app to "fool" Pandora. I downloaded the first app that came up in my search for VPNs called Betternet. It's 100% free if you use the auto-location feature. It doesn't seem to have slowed anything down either.

THANK YOU! I can't believe FreedomPop doesn't cover this somewhere in their FAQ's. I had the same problem with Pandora. Worked fine when I was on wifi, but as soon as I went on my mobile data it said "Pandora is not available in your country". It also took me to the UK version of websites like google, but after installing Betternet, I can now visit google.com

I downloaded the Betternet app from Apple Store and just a couple of clicks later, I was streaming Pandora. The only problem is it made my Pandora ad blocker ineffective. I'll try to resolve that, but so far so good with Betternet.