**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Multiple devices on one account cannot get/buy data

Rob 00clMiFi803 KRob 00clMiFi803 K FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 19
I have a few accounts with multiple devices, but I can only get/share/buy data for the primary device on the account. The other devices just run through their cycles, and I cannot buy data, plans or do anything that would make Freedompop money, or give me the freedom to share and receive data. That seems to be counter-effective for Freedompop, because they never will see any money on these accounts after the initial downgrade, but Freedompop will spend all kind of money on support calls.

Just some examples of where it went wrong for me. I initially had a Freedom Stick that was supposed to work on WiMax, but it hardly did, so when I was offered a TriFi hotspot at a decent price, I took it, but it ended up on the same account, and it was not possible to make the new device the primary (agents tried over a dozen times, sometimes with weird adverse effects), so it's good for 1 GB per month, and not one bit more. Later I bought a newer hotspot on a second account (I got smart, I thought), and was offered a phone as an add-on, which ended up on the same (second) account, so I was back in the same boat, and cannot do any sharing or buying for that phone.

It looks like a simple web programming issue, because internally, when you call, the agents are able to manage the data and plans for these devices individually. Just make it possible for the customer to address the buying and sharing of each individual device on an account through the web, and the sales activities would be much more effective. Why putting a lot of effort and money in Sales if the customer, cannot spend money down the line? Very frustrating.

Comments

• Have _NINE_ Wimax Hubs C.Have _NINE_ Wimax Hubs C. FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 200
    I agree.
  • abcabc FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 189
    I use different email for each device.

Were you offered HTC 510 while you bought Novatel Mifi?
  • Rob 00clMiFi803 KRob 00clMiFi803 K FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 19
    Kyocera Hydro Icon after ordering the Netgear Mingle. Yeah, I created a new email, but I didn't think that they would put two on the same email account as, by then, they should have been aware of the problems it would cause.