**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Are you planning on developing a windows app?

ScoripionScoripion Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
I have an unlocked GSM windows phone I would like to use on your network but seems you only support android and ios.

Answers

• David BDavid B Posts: 26FreedomPop Newbie
    FYI, Microsoft pulled the plug on Windows phones today (May25, 2016). I don't see how they can afford to abandon the smart phone market, but it looks like they will be using some other device if they get back into smart phones.
  • Jon BeckhamJon Beckham Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    Incorrect, they have sold off the feature phone division and are focusing on business oriented smartphone offerings while leaving the consumer market to partners. The OS will continue to be developed and phones will continue to be offered by Alcatel, Acer, HP, and others. The change IS necessary.

For years Microsoft competed with partners cutting them off at the knees in emerging markets. Now they are properly standing back and letting partners have the lead.

I use my GSM SIM in a windows phone myself. I would love the ability to make VoIP calls in some way but I realize the market is just not there for them to develop an app. So I use Skype and such to make/recive calls.

I'd would be willing to pay $20 or so for a Windows app that worked with WP8.1.
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭

Incorrect, they have sold off the feature phone division and are focusing on business oriented smartphone offerings while leaving the consumer market to partners. The OS will continue to be developed and phones will continue to be offered by Alcatel, Acer, HP, and others. The change IS necessary.

For years Microsoft competed with partners cutting them off at the knees in emerging markets. Now they are properly standing back and letting partners have the lead.

I use my GSM SIM in a windows phone myself. I would love the ability to make VoIP calls in some way but I realize the market is just not there for them to develop an app. So I use Skype and such to make/recive calls.

I'd would be willing to pay $20 or so for a Windows app that worked with WP8.1.

You can use any number of VoIP apps that are in the "Windows market?" I don't have a windows phone so I'm just guessing at this point if there are any.
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
    There are many. Most either price gouge (ever seen what a Skype number costs) or/and are from providers I've never heard of. If I'm going to overpay I'd rather it go to Freedompop.
  • Stephen ChiouStephen Chiou Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    So the global sim kit should hypothetically work with Windows Phones for data? I have an office 365 account which comes with free Skype minutes. And there's texting apps like text free that should work too right?
    Yes the data works fine and you can certainly use Skype, Viber, or Line (among others).
  • ornelasornelas Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    wrong I have 2 unlocked windows phones, and the fp sim card does not work for data or anything else.
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Did you setup the apn that was on the card it came in
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
  • JasColaJasCola Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I am trying the same thing on my Windows 10 phone right now. I setup the apn as it said on the card, but no data, no phone, nothing.

Thoughts?
  • Adrian EchavarriaAdrian Echavarria Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
    You need to set it to enable/use roaming along with the apn settings. You won't have any calling on your fpop number unless you go through the process of setting it up yourself with a sip client (this is unsupported by fpop but a few folks have tried to nail down the process here in the forums somewhere). I have a lumia 640 on wp10 (insider beta) with fpop's global data-only sim, works well for what it is.