**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

FreedomPop Friends 3 SIM Cards in 1 account

benqsimensbenqsimens Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
Hello,
I just ordered three SIM cards, one for me and two for two friends.

As I understood, with the freedomPop Friends, I can get up to 500MB extra every month.

But does that also work for all of my 3 SIM cards in one account?
Or do I only get once the 500MB for one Sim card and the other two sim cards cannot get 500MB extra?

How does that work?

And second question: If I turn off auto topup for 5$, I can use my phone until my data is used up, and when its used up, it just stops working.
Right?

Thank you.

Tagged:

Comments

• Hello,
    I just ordered three SIM cards, one for me and two for two friends.

As I understood, with the freedomPop Friends, I can get up to 500MB extra every month.

But does that also work for all of my 3 SIM cards in one account?
    Or do I only get once the 500MB for one Sim card and the other two sim cards cannot get 500MB extra?

How does that work?

And second question: If I turn off auto topup for 5$, I can use my phone until my data is used up, and when its used up, it just stops working.
    Right?

Thank you.

Hello,

Secondary accounts currently do not have the functionality to share and receive data with your FreedomPop friends. If this is a problem and you need to send and receive data to a global sim account, we advise you to purchase a new SIM deal under a new email account. Please make sure to LOG OUT of your current freedompop account and use a new email address when signing up for the deal. As for turning off auto top ups, you can use more than your data plan allows due to a three hour delay in data usage report, but you will be charged extra. For more information please look at https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2117/kw/suspended

Thank you and have a good one!
  • pbh1968pbh1968 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    First answer, all 3 SIM cards will be on separate accounts. Freedompop had a short time where you could put more than one number per acct. It caused to many issues. They do not let you do that anymore. But for every friends email you add, you will get 50mb of data each month. So to get an additional 500mb you will need to add at least 10 people. You can do google search for other people emails to add for freedompop friends.
    Now for your second question. I would just leave on the topup. Because I think that once you run out of data they will auto charge your topup amount. What i do is... get a Walmart money card or a brink prepaid card. Activate it through website and never use it. Then I use it on my account. That way they can never charge you anything. Also then when you run out of time it will suspend your acct until next month. Then next month when you see your new minutes added, just go in to your acct and add a new card to lift suspension. You can use the exact same card. But another option is use free plan for data only, 500mb + friend data = 1000mb. Then get a ringto app for unlimited talk and text for free. Thanks