INTERNET USAGE

MK2410MK2410 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
Hi, I'm new to freedompop. I do love the idea of it; however, the inexpensive internet has cost me $397 in one month. This is one phone purchased/hotspot purchased and usage.

Startup fees and device purchase: $59. I purchased the 10GB bc it says that it is ideal for gaming & streaming music. My kids are with me 50% of the time and they are NOT on the computer 24/7. How in the world does freedompop say they've used all that data in less than 12 days! I was excited about this chance to work with freedompop; however, I think I'm going to stick to the phone and go to another larger provider for internet. I'm all about supporting a small business; however, I'm a single mom with three kids.

If there is something I'm missing please let me know.....I would like some feedback. Thanks.

Comments

• Marc JosephMarc Joseph Posts: 172FreedomPop Newbie
    Streaming music is one thing, streaming video is an entirely other thing. You either have to monitor your kids' usage, or turn off automatic top-off in settings to keep them from going over their data limits.
  • MK2410MK2410 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I did both but I still need to move that service to the big companies:( sadly
  • Jean MillerJean Miller Posts: 140FreedomPop Newbie
    Yeah, if you're kids are on computer video games for even a hour or so you can easily use up a gig or two. It's not that hard. Remember FreedomPop rounds data usage up to the nearest mb too. If you need unlimited home wifi, I'd still to conventional cable or telecom companies. AT&T has been good. I do not suggest WOW! if it's even available in your area. Cheap is cheap for a reason, and free is free for a reason. Just remember that.
    I like me deals and free stuff. Thx, peeps