4g Connection

Ricardo VelascoRicardo Velasco Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
I cannot connect to the 4g network
I have tried updating profile, prl and the freedom pop app
i have moved to different locations
i have been indoors and out doors
has anyone been able to connect their evo 4g to the 4g network?

Comments

• I cannot connect to the 4g network
    I have tried updating profile, prl and the freedom pop app
    i have moved to different locations
    i have been indoors and out doors
    has anyone been able to connect their evo 4g to the 4g network?

Hey Ricardo, you may want to double-check the service in your area here - http://bit.ly/11zDa0X - to make sure you are in a 4G coverage area.

Please try these steps if you are in a 4G coverage area:
    1) turn off the phone 2) Remove the Battery, 3) Reinsert the battery, 4) Turn on phone and run the updates in this order - Profile and then PRL
  • Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 719FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭
    4G WiMAX works great on the EVO 4G. Are you using a stock ROM? I ask because this phone does not have support for WiMAX beyond Android 2.3.
  • Ricardo VelascoRicardo Velasco Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I have done Taylor's steps before, to no avail

it came with 2.3.5
  • Zack BehenZack Behen Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    i have the same problem.
  • I have done Taylor's steps before, to no avail

it came with 2.3.5

i have the same problem.

We are working on the issue with our development team. If I need more info specific to your accounts I will PM you guys. Sorry for the inconvenience!
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    Adolpho what rom are you using?
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    Okay, I am updating my status. At my main job, about a mile from I295 in the Jacksonville Florida area, I now have the "FP" working fine with 4G. Called my wife on the other side of town and the call went through. She does state its not a good connection, it breaks up and staticky if you know what I mean. I do have the network thing up so I can look into getting a browser app to check on internet connection. I will report back later.
  • Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 719FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭

On my EVO 4G, I am using CyanogenMod 7. I have always been comfortable with CM based ROMs. Plus, I am able to use S2E with my ext partition on my SD Card for more app space.

Adolfo can you post a link to CM7 & S2E location? i want to make sure I use the right one from the right location if you know what I mean. Don't want to get any bugs on my system by attempting from wrong place.
    Offical
    https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=supersonic

I get S2E from the Play store, but it only works on CM ROMs

On my EVO 4G, I am using CyanogenMod 7. I have always been comfortable with CM based ROMs. Plus, I am able to use S2E with my ext partition on my SD Card for more app space.

Hey Adolfo, I went to the Cyanogen official page. The evo design is not listed for Cyan#7, or any other rom there. Are you saying #7 is compatible with design 4g or where you just talking about your evo 4g, which is listed. Geez I just saw that...lol
    Okay so, if that is so and its not compatible with the design 4g Rodolfo, do you have nay other suggestions?
    The EVO Design does NOT have an official CM rom. In fact, there is not much ROM support for it. For that phone, this place has the best support: http://androidforums.com/evo-design-all-things-root/

I use the ForgottenKingdom ROM for that phone. It is Sense based though :-/

If you choose a ROM above ICS, you will lose WiMAX though.
    BTW just in case they ever do have an official ROM, the codename for the EVO Design 4G is Kingdom.
    I am trying out Blue Kingdom now. Seems very good. Smooth interface. Will let you folks know more later.
    Yes Blue Kingdom plus "4g toggle for evo" seems to work. I just need to make sure I got the right 4g speed with the app.
This discussion has been closed.