**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Premium Voice calling as random number instead of actual phone number

Ryan BlakeRyan Blake Posts: 16FreedomPop Newbie
Up until a week ago, the Premium Voice service on my phone was working as expected. For the last week it has been acting up. Calls made with Premium Voice appear to the receiver as a different phone number than usual. What's even weirder is that this is only the case if the call is made to another person with FreedomPop. Calling someone with a different service, there is no problem and the number shown is my normal phone number.

The problem is also not restricted to just me. The exact same issue is occurring with two other people who also have FreedomPop. How do I get this fixed? By the way, profile updates have been performed, which did not fix the issue.

Thanks

Comments

• pasunutpasunut Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
    same thing happening to me, and my wife. I have learned to just go with it, because all we get from the support people is "Canned" responses. i.e. check your connection, are you on the latest app, are you on 3g or 4g ETC.
    I don't even try anymore. Problems usually sort themselves out after 2 billing cycles. (Not the caller ID problem tho.) this has been happening for a while now.
    I have noticed when I call the number that is on the ID back, the receiving phone uses premium voice for incoming calls. Just a heads up on that. Maybe un checking the "NEW" incoming premium voice option in our settings would stop this behavior. WHO KNOWS? :-)
  • Ryan BlakeRyan Blake Posts: 16FreedomPop Newbie
    Interesting thought! I'll mess around with it some more and see if anything changes. Otherwise I guess just wait for them to possibly fix it. Thanks for the response!
  • Markland BoaseMarkland Boase Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Similar problem started about a week ago. I use my landline (AT&T) "locate me/simultaneous ring" service to use my cell as an extension to my landline. It quit working (calls to my landline also ring my cell), until I went into my account settings and DISABLED the FreedomPop "incoming premium voice service". Is this something new?