**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

SIM customer newbie questions

xfroxfro Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
Trying to get excited about FP but I have a few issues and questions.

1. I have noticed that since installing the FP SIM my (AT&T) Moto X is often balky at logging in to wifi. Much of the time I am seeing the ! icon for both cellular and wifi, and frequently a new connection will hang and I have to reconnect. Is there precedent for issues like this, or should I suspect my phone? Does the FP SIM do something funky to the wifi stack? It seems to work fine with Ting on the T-Mobile network.

2. Can I turn on rollover data and then downgrade to the free plan (resulting in a charge only for the rollover)? Will my data balance follow me? This is a spare phone I actually use infrequently, and the unlimited plan would not be good value for me.

3. There seems to be a lot of outdated information on this site. For the global SIM I just bought, what is the additional cost for calling back to the US from UK or other locations in Europe?

Comments

• limeylimey Posts: 674FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    @xfro
    1. Can't say I've noticed any real difference - perhaps some app is trying to hang on to the data connection?
    2. The way I think this will work, is that the moment you downgrade your plan, the extra data from the old plan is lost - having rollover on won't stop that, only permit whatever's left of the new plan's data to carry over at the start of the next billing cycle.
    3. The Global Sim has a number in the region that you purchased it - assuming that this is a USA number then calls to other USA numbers will be free, regardless of which supported country you happen to be in. You'll need one of the international plans to make calls to numbers in those supported countries.