**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Can I keep my number and use a cdma phone?

abacoianabacoian Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
Hi all, I'm excited to find freedom pop. I don't use my cell phone much but ave it just in case since I'm disabled. I was with ultra me for $19 a month and decided to try red pocket for $10 not realizing it was 10 cents a minute or text, which even though I don't use it much if a friend calls to talk my minutes could quickly be done and the cost could add up. So I came across freedom pop, 200 minutes and 50 texts a month seem great to me for no cost. Did I see that I would need to do on-line surveys to get that deal though? So I'm wondering, would it be possible to port my number from red pocket to freedom pop, is it difficult, and could I use my cdma phone that taked no sim card? And if possible, how long should it take to port the number? Thank you for your help.

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @abacoian

Do you plan on Purchasing a phone from Freedompop? You phone might not be compatible with the system at the moment. Red Rocket uses GSM AT&T, and inorder to use they phone with the GSM Program, you would need the phone to be unlocked. Once we figure out they direction you are going with the phone, I can give you all the info I have to help you Port your number.

Let me know

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• abacoianabacoian Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    I would like to use my current phone but if not possible I would purchase one from freedom pop if I could keep my current number. My phone with red pocket is not gsm, it's a cdma phone that requires no sim card, I got it a few years ago from ptel mobile. I'm hoping it will work with freedom pop, but if not I will get one that will. Is the free plan really free, or will I have to do on-line surveys? I thank you greatly for you help! I'm hoping to get step by step instructions to have my number transferred to freedom pop as smoothly as possible.
  • abacoianabacoian Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    i also have a gsm phone that worked with ultrame, could that work?