**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

3 FreedomPop HTC Desire 510 Units that work on Data Network Only - Tried Everything...

benjaminhobbsbenjaminhobbs Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
Attention FreedomPop,
I am a knowledgeable resourceful Software Technician, I thought I would give FreedomPop a try. I have 3 FreedomPop HTC Desire 510 phones that I ordered and received from the FreedomPop website. All 3 do not work properly. I have followed every procedure that I could find to make them work.

I cannot send or receive incoming phone calls via Premium Voice (only via the FreedomPop App on data wi-fi connections), and I have done:
##72786# and then Reset (to reset the carrier (On wi-fi, off wi-fi, on data, and off data - ALL POSSIBLE COMBINATIONS)
##786# and then Reset and entered the MSL code per the "Devices" page (Again in all possible combinations)

There is nothing wrong at all with these phones; other than the fact that they appear to be incorrectly routed/provisioned on your system. In fact they appear to be brand new. This is strictly a routing/provisioning issue between FreedomPop and the Sprint Network that requires FreedomPop to make the necessary associations in the system so that they work as advertised.

This is my 3rd attempt at contacting you to get this resolved. Within the last 30 days, I have spent $149.95 on FreedomPop services or devices. I have 4 phones currently. The only one works properly is a BYOD Sprint Evo 4G.

The phones I am currently having problems with and explanation of their issues can be found if you look up the following in your system (a support ticket I submitted):
Question Reference # 160604-000327
Date Created: 06/04/2016 02:54 PM
Date Last Updated: 06/04/2016 02:54 PM

Please fix this...

Comments

• LucyLucy Posts: 378 admin
    Hello, after checking your account I see that you've been assisted via email. Your device was deactivated; however, the online representative has reactivated your device.
  • lioness810lioness810 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I am having the same issue...and I am tech savy as well I tried support but after being on hold forever I gave up and pressed 1 for them to call me back and still waiting for that call.

I didn't do the msl because I can't find it for this htc desire 510
  • ScrapironScrapiron Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Try the carrier reset again. (##72786#) Be patient, wait until it completes the PRL update. Might take 3 to 4 minutes. Then "Sync Account Data" in Freedompop messenger. That's what it took for my Desire 510.
  • justtlsjusttls Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I have had nothing but trouble with my 510 on freedompop. Of the 6 weeks I have had and paid for the phone and premier service my phone has worked less then 3 weeks, WTF! I have called support half dozen times and spent hours on hold, no joke hours... However if you call the same number and choose the "Sales" line option like you want to buy something they pickup in 60 seconds, go figure. You can sell crap but not support it..... Perfect!
    I wish I had access to these notes before buying the phone and service, I would not be here.... Good luck.
    BTW - You are forced to sit on hold for hours because they cant call you back if you dont have cell service!!!