**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

I want to join freedom pop, please help me.

abacoianabacoian Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
My current phone is a cdma so I understand I can't use it with freedom pop. But I have a gsm phone that I used with ptel mobile and ultra me, maybe it can work? If it can work, do I need to order a new sim card from freedom pop, or might the one already in it work? I am interested in the free plan, is it really free, is it reliable, are there any catches or is it truly free 200 minutes and 500 texts a month? I want to keep my current number, what would be the quickest smoothest way to do this? My current number is with red pocket? Would it be possible to set up my freedom pop account with all the info entered and then just have the last step being to port my number with minimal down time? I greatly appreciate your help, thank you

Comments

• LucyLucy Posts: 378 admin
    To activate a non-FreedomPop phone through our BYOD activation funnel (www.freedompop.com/byod), the device will need to be locked CDMA Sprint phone. You can always downgrade your plan to our Free 500 MB and basic 200 voice plan at any time.
  • abacoianabacoian Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    How do I tell if it's a locked cdma phone? Is the $40 phone on the site the lowest cost one? If I order that will I have everything I need? Once I order that can I port my number?
  • LucyLucy Posts: 378 admin
    You can check if the device is eligible to be activated with us at http://www.freedompop.com/byod. Yes, but you can always check our social media pages for more information on other promotions. If you do purchase a device from us, the device will be activated once it has been shipped and you will be able to port your phone number.
  • abacoianabacoian Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    I just ordered the phone with the free trial services that I will be charged for once the trial ends. How long is the trial? I also read that I can downgrade anytime, I hope it won't be difficult. Once I get the phone, do I call freedom for help with porting my number? Thank you for your help