Help! Unknown phone calls keep coming in!

Terry MooreTerry Moore Posts: 80FreedomPop Newbie
Help! Starting last week, I keep getting calls from unnamed callers w/ numbers including: 1, 100, 101, 1100, 1000, 1001, 2016, 1011. I never answer these dozens of calls each hour. My FP data amount decreases a lot when these calls ring and ring when I am away from my phone.

After placing these numbers on the "call reject list" (using native green phone app) the calls still come through. And, when I set "reject ALL calls" these calls STILL come through!

The only thing that works is to leave my FP data off. What are these numbers and how I stop them?

Thanks!

Comments

• Mary AntrimMary Antrim Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    The same thing is happening to me. Sure would like an answer.
  • Tony WagnerTony Wagner Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Sounds like someone might be hitting your phone in a probe/scan, perhaps through the FP app but not coming from FP servers? A similar issue was once reported by users of the Voipo service:

[URL="https://www.voipo.com/forums/showthread.php/6603-Incoming-calls-from-1001"]https://www.voipo.com/forums/showthread.php/6603-Incoming-calls-from-1001[/URL]

I would try uninstalling the FP messaging app to see if the problem goes away. If it does, then I would just switch to using Hangouts for calls/messages.

Unfortunately it might be pretty hard to call FP's attention to an odd issue like this, but they might be more likely to respond once you determine whether it is caused by the FP app, the native dialer, etc. If you post that info in a new detailed post here but don't get a response, you could also use getservice.com to call them on your behalf and tell them about the issue.
  • BigToeBigToe Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    It is definitely the FP app, that is triggering these phantom calls... and I still don't see a solution for this problem! I see technical answers to tweak my modem/router, but these devices belong to Optimum and FreedomPop doesn't seem to give any answers for this problem. When I turn off data, the calls stop. When I sign out of FP app, calls continue; but when I uninstall FP app, calls stop. So it has something to do with the FP app and WiFi. It does not happen with cellular data on, only WiFi.
  • kerstuffkerstuff Posts: 664FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018 #5
    You are receiving sip calls. They come from unscrupulous people around the world trying to place a high dollar call on someone else's dollar. They are definitely coming through your router. Since Fpop is VoIP based and not cellular it is coming through what ever WiFi you are connected to. This is usually the "sip alg" setting in your router and not a problem with Fpop. Turn off sip alg in your router.

One other thing. Go into that Fpop messaging app and click on settings. When that opens click in network. When you have clicked on network you will see advanced settings. Make sure that random ports is checked.