**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Hungary service problems

Krisztina StefanKrisztina Stefan Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
I travel frequently between Hungary and the United States. I now have multiple freedompop global sim cards and ONE of them works in Hungary as expected and as in the US or any other country in Europe. My other cards do not. These show the error message below and I do not get data service. I tried getting help from freedompop but so far they did not seem competent in solving the issue. Officially the country shows up as supported but nobody has been able to provide real help. If one sim card works but others do not, I do not think the problem is on my side, all the settings are correct.

Comments

• LucyLucy Posts: 378 admin
    If you're unable to access the internet, you may need to manually create and select the FreedomPop APN on your device.
    In Android settings, go to Mobile Network, Access Point Names, add a new APN, name it "FreedomPop" (or whatever you like), and enter freedompop.foggmobile.com for the APN. All other fields are left blank. Hit the menu button then Save (do NOT press back, as you'll lose the data you entered in). Once saved, select the new APN.

After entering the APN, some users report having to manually select the correct network operator (AT&T) in order to get mobile data working. The exact process varies by device and system, but here are some generic steps for Android 4.4:
    - Go into Android Settings.
    - Under Wireless & Networks tap More, Mobile Networks.
    - Tap Network Operators and choose a network operator.
    - After the scan, select AT&T.
  • Krisztina StefanKrisztina Stefan Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    edited June 2016 #3
    @Lucy, I appreciate this modest effort of trying to help me even though you just copy-pasted a template. The above DOES NOT solve the problem. I already have my APN set up correctly according to the picture below. If you read my post above correctly, I said ONE of your FP global sim cards does work, and several other FP global sims I have do not. For this reason, I think the problem is not in my device, otherwise none of the sims would work.
    Post edited by Krisztina Stefan on
  • djphilosophydjphilosophy Posts: 31FreedomPop Newbie
    Krisztina, you may want to follow this thread, although unfortunately it only confirms that there's an ongoing lack of service in Hungary, despite it being advertised as a supported country.
  • kovacssylvikovacssylvi Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    There is still no service in Hungary!