**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Global SIM on unlocked phone; Can make calls, Make/Receive Texts, CANNOT RECEIVE CALLS

bluefromanbluefroman Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
So this is a peculiar thing I've run into. I have an unlocked Kyocera Hydro Air (originally locked to ATT) and followed the correct steps on setting up the global sim by adding the APN. I can get a 4G connection, but I've been running into some problems. I cannot receive calls 90% of the time, but I have no trouble placing calls from the app, or making and receiving texts. I checked the running processes in the apps list and the freedompop messenger app seems to be running all services as it should.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's possible it's an issue with the SIM card itself? Any sort of help would be appreciated.

Also another problem which might be the cause. There are several options within messenger you can 'supposedly' enable or disable, if you hit the menu button, settings, network, at the bottom, there is an option for 'Push Notifications'. It's always turned off. Problem is, if you tick the checkmark next to it, and then either go back within messenger, or leave the app entirely, this option does not stay.

Coming from a CDMA freedompop phone (Kyocera Hydro Icon) this option for 'Push Notifications' is always on, but in the reverse case, cannot be turned off.

I'm wondering if there is something freedompop can do on their end to force that option to become permanent via doing something to my account settings perhaps?

Comments

• Brian BartonBrian Barton Posts: 180FreedomPop Newbie
    Does hitting the "sync account" button on the fp app help? Go into the app and swipe from the left to the right the menu should be on the left menu bar.