**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Can I get a definitive answer on the Android FreedomPop App and Non-Freedompop phones

johnnycjohnnyc Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
I really need a straight answer. Am I able to load the Android Freedompop App on my Verizon Phone and use it to communicate to other Freedompop users over my Verizon data plan or wifi?

Specifically, I am trying to load it and use it from a Verizon Wireless Nexus 6P with an unlimited dataplan and call a Freedompop phone belonging to my nephew.

Thank you!

Comments

• Brian BartonBrian Barton Posts: 180FreedomPop Newbie
    pretty sure you can by logging into your freedompop account manually after you install the app to the phone. it just means you will be using up the "texts and voice" on your data from the Verizon phone. (when not connected to wifi)
  • johnnycjohnnyc Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    I tried that... and unfortunately, it keeps saying things like "Currently unable to register with Freedompop server under this Wi-Fi configuration.\nPlease try again or turn off Wifi."

When I turn off Wifi and use my Verizon dataplan, I get the following:

"You have no data connection. Find a better connection and try again."

In both instances, all other internet connectivity works except Freedompop.
  • abcabc Posts: 189FreedomPop Newbie
    which app you use? did you try FreedomPop Free Call and Free Text App
    Yes, that's the one I'm using.
  • Brian BartonBrian Barton Posts: 180FreedomPop Newbie
    it says no connection with your verizon data? hmm I use a tracfone at&t sim/wifi. try clearing app data then reinstall it. install using the data though. also remember you need a constant data connection for receiving and sending text an voice. there is a check box in the options to limit the app to wifi only is that unchecked?
    I did turn OFF the use wifi only and I can stream youtube with no issues or pandora or anything else, so I seem to have a constant data connection... but it won't even dial out without giving me that message.
    And I wiped the data, uninstalled and then re-installed and still the same issue.