**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Global SIM Card Not Working With My Device

Mel LamelasMel Lamelas Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
I purchased the Global SIM Card and have inserted it into the phone I use for traveling internationally, an old Samsung that is not a Smartphone. When I attempt to make a call, I get a recording stating that "the call you are attempting to make is not allowed from this line". How do I get the Global SIM card to work on a mobile phone that is not a smartphone?

Comments

• limeylimey Posts: 674FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    @Mel Lamelas - the short answer, is that you're usually going to need an Android/iPhone smartphone to setup & use FP's voice service, since it's VOIP & needs to use an FP app to make/receive calls. As it is, the Global SIM will possibly give your phone a data connection (allowing WAP based surfing), but no regular cellular voice capability.
  • Mel LamelasMel Lamelas Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks for the quick reply. I have an international data modem. How do I configure the modem settings to use the card? Do I use the APN freedompop.fogmobile.com? Will that work in Europe also?

Thanks,

Mel
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mel Lamelas What you would need to do is go to your modem's APN settings and use the freedompop.foggmobile.com APN settings. It will work in every FreedomPop supported country so you should be good to go there!
  • Mel LamelasMel Lamelas Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi Ali, I am having difficulty configuring the SIM card with my mobile hotspot. I have inserted the SIM card, and it shows a connection to a network 410310 at 2G, but when I access the device configuration page, it shows up as disconnected. I have set the APN as indicated. The setup page has a spot for a username and password, and also a type of authentication, PAP or something else. Is the authentication for the FreedomPop connection PAP? Do I need to enter a username and password to connect?

Many thanks.